Strictly Jazz Sounds (Part 1)

3 Likes

‘Big Heart Machine’ by the band of the same name, a Brooklyn-based 18-member ensemble. Great sounding cd.

1 Like

$1.99 in a used record store. Filthiest record I’ve ever seen. Ran it under the faucet, scrubbed with record brush and fluid, rinsed with distilled water, Degritter on heavy for three cycles.
One pop on each side but great album.

2 Likes

I just got the SACD version.

2 Likes

Chesky sounds great even on CD

Yeah, but unlike many labels, Chesky always puts out extremely well recorded and mastered recordings, so it sounds great in any format. They know how to spotlight the art in artists.

1 Like

One pop each side, great work! I get that or more on a brand new LP.

1 Like

I know! I love finding really cheap albums that turn out sounding great.

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

REAL nice!

Had only heard one other recording from Amado (‘The Flame Alphabet’).

There’s a new cd on Nobusiness that I’m tempted to go for ….

1 Like

Very enjoyable 2-lp set. I’ve purchased quite a lot of Blue Note vinyl recently, and haven’t had a single issue or defect.

2 Likes

Enjoying this DSD128 download

I’ve a handful of Rodrigo and can recommend most, including his most recent:

I also like The Field with Von Schippenbach, and and earlier Rodrigo Amado with Joe McPhee, Kent Kessler, and Chris Corsano:

A nice clean Tone Poet showed up today:

3 Likes

One last track for the night. “Concerto de Aranjuez”

4 Likes

1 Like

After having heard the Jazz Side of the Moon CD in a shop a while back, I picked up a 2019 solo album by Seamus Blake called Guardians of the Heart Machine. Other than the vocal track at the end, which I could do without, the album is really solid. Sadly, this album got almost no attention in the jazz world.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes