Strictly Jazz Sounds (Part 1)

Polish Free Jazz circa 1967, featuring Tomaz Stanko. Hearing this makes me think Tomaz’s later work was more restrained and possibly due to the influence of ecm’s Manfred Eicher. This is highly recommended.

5 Likes

I need to reconsider picking up the AP version. Is your version the 200 gram from 2020 or the180 gram from 2021?

From our friends at DiscOgs:

180 gm, 45 rpm, V6-8762, 2021, Analogue Prod

1 Like

Thanks!

4 Likes

I had some concerns that my SET may need re-tubing as the bottom end just didn’t seem right. I tried some LCD Sound System on it which initially raised the concern. Moving on to some “music”, I tried the Polish Jazz, Music of Komeda, followed by Henri Texier’s A Cordes et a Cris. All I’ll say is the problem is not the amp. This particular syste just prefers jazz, simple as that. BTW, the A Cordes et a Cris is spectacular. Fans of Dave Holland’s more straight ahead work should especially appreciate it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

These albums are among his oldest as a solist jazzman (1970’s).
I enjoy the two following ones, highly recommended. They are great for listening what the man is able in a small team:

1. Carnet de routes, 1995, with Louis Sclavis (clarinet) and Aldo Romano (drums)
  2. The Scene is Clean, 1991, for a conventional triangle piano-b-d. Beginning with the huge Stolen moments (Oliver Nelson).

Carnet de route Texier Sclavis Romano

2 Likes

Yes, I’ll check into those as well. I do enjoy his most early work and especially the work with French Algerian pianist Martial Solal and American altoist Lee Konitz on European Episode and Impressive Rome.

5 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Stan Getz Live in Paris
Stan Getz Live in Paris verso

2 Likes

Just pre ordered Julian Lage on vinyl

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes