Strictly Jazz Sounds (Part 1)

A huge thank-you to @Bootzilla, as without his post listing Makaya McCraven In These Times I would have most likely missed the limited LP release opportunity. As it is the cymbal shimmer LP is sold out, and the black vinyl is moving quickly. The entire album has been released on Tidal this morning for those interested in Makaya McCraven.

Makaya McCraven In These Times

4 Likes

While looking up Makaya McCraven’s In These Times on Tidal this morning I find that Trios Charles Lloyd Ocean featuring Anthony Wilson and Gerald Clayton has also been released. So much for getting my morning errands done.

Trios Charles Lloyd Ocean

Anyone know and wish to share the release date for Trios Charles Lloyd Sacred Thread ?

2 Likes

Andrew Hill “Passing Ships” Blue Note/Tone Poet

5 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve always liked this guy. Very relaxing and reflective record.

8 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Mal Waldron “Searching in Grenoble 1978 Solo Piano Concert” Resonance Records 2 cd set

Great sound, interesting music. At times almost Jarrett-esque.

6 Likes

A favorite sinceI first heard this in the 70’s.

5 Likes

Check out “Duke Ellington presents Dollar Brand” ! I have it on “Favorites” on my Qobuz account.

3 Likes

I saw him at SFJAZZ before Covid. He was very inspirational. I will miss him a lot when he’s gone.

1 Like

Yes, one of the albums Duke was allowed to produce for Reprise Records in Paris. The others, each excellent, were recordings of Bud Powell, Sathima Bea Benjamin (then Dollar Brand’s wife) and a recording featuring Alice Babs with Ellington and Ellingtonians. Fantastic stuff.

1 Like

4 Likes

5 Likes