SURELY by now someone has heard the FR20 and FR30

I would agree with this, as I heard both speakers playing that very tune, among others. But call me kookie - if I were to by either one, it would be the FR20.

5 Likes

As time goes on, I really like this combination more and more. ML No. 523 preamp feeding the M1200’s that drive the FR20. Also have 2 SVS subs for the lowest frequencies.

9 Likes

Surely Sir!

1 Like

FR20’s and a pair of subs, totally superb…mine seem to still improve a little every week…

2 Likes

Anyone in the New York Tristate area have one of the FR series I can listen to willing to let me take a short visit?

rare in FL, not found yet

Does anyone know the optimal room sizes for the FR20 and 30s?

the answer may have more to do with your significant other, than which speaker or room size…

1 Like

:laughing:

I was going to respond some thing to the effect that the room you have is optimum for FR 20’s or 30’s.
Having many dipole speakers prior to FR30’s, they are relatively easy to setup and follow the tried and true “rules” of most speakers…get them away from rear and side walls, toe them in, be at least as far away from them as the distance between them, and align the tweeter with your ear. Dampen side wall reflections, and bass nodes as your room requires. This can be an easy or an overwhelming task but has great rewards. I would only add the the height of the FR30’s tweeter and mid makes it more of challenge if your room is small.
I am sure that Chris or others PSA staffers can advise if you ask them. Good luck.

4 Likes

And stop calling us Shirley.

1 Like

Ahh…I see you don’t know how to pronouce ‘surely’.

:grinning:

2 Likes

And you might of not seen the movie “Airplane!”.

The took him to the hospital.
“Hospital, what is it??!”
It’s a big building with windows.

:wink:

5 Likes

That goes all the way back to “Who’s on first” :grin:

4 Likes

Your mention of Abbott and Costello’s Who’s on First brought this gem to mind:

…for two bit’s she’ll do a mazurka in jazz…

2 Likes

Paul has a recent Ask Paul video on room size for the FR20, which I think will answer your questions…though PS is very responsive to phone calls and emails…

Yes another laugh til you pee your pants skit. A day at the races was another good one.

Good, but nothing beats A Night At the Opera, in keeping with a musical theme. :joy:

1 Like