Technical and Subjective Differences Between Roon and JRiver Media Center

I really have not used any others. I did not want a computer. I did not want to be locked into a single type of device. I wanted audiophile quality. After looking around at that time just over a year ago, Roon was it. Everytime I expand my knowledge and try something new it surprises me that they have thought of that. For instance I asked Ted Smith chief digital dude if how they did DSP was destroying the DSD signal in order for it to happen. Found the long explanation from Roon that I could not follow and posted it. Ted said thatā€™s the right way. I am very confident they are producing the best it can from streaming.

Is any better than the others, I donā€™t think so. I bet they all do a good job of just plain streaming. Roon is so much more than that, which is why i stuck with it.

1 Like

I donā€™t use JRiver anymore but I still pay approximately $20 a year for the new versions in case I do. I remember it sounds swell. Better than Roon? Perhaps, but I donā€™t care. I care enough to pay them $20 a year in case I do begin to care again. I hope this helps. LOL