The demise of the little silver disc?

I’ll still buy used CDs locally or some CDs I never got around to buying from Amazon. This is very rare. I prefer buying higher resolution downloads. As for liner notes, they were hit or miss with LPs. When CDs first came out they were pretty good about including in the booklets. I miss the lyrics, etc. Usually with Classical music recordings the liner notes were included in both media. This is the one Genre I really want the liner notes. Not all download sites are equal when it comes to providing these. I found myself looking at different sites to get the liner notes in *.pdf format. The notes would complete the download.

Not sure how much longer and in what quantity CDs will be available. The record / CD stores in town have been reduced to three. I run two systems. Both manufacturers for my preamps stopped making CD players (Classe & Linn). That’s when I purchased my first DAC the Digital Link III. It’s been upgraded to the NuWave DSD. For ease of playback I rip the CDs I buy to AIFF and use JRiver MC21 to play.