The science of cable elevators?

I have five towers of kit. The towers at each end are in fact on racks and contain things like DVD players, HD DVD player, UHD player, CD player, TV Recorders etc.

The centre section has a couple of lengths of 4" * 2" on which is a Denon, a Directstream dac, a DEQX crossover and a Stellar P3 regenerator. Each side of the centre section is a P10 with a BHK250 on it and a Directstream on top of that. There’s other stuff such as a spare Directstream, a GCPH, a Melco music server, a Chord M-Scaler and yet more. What isn’t probably obvious from my last picture is the centre channel speaker and a couple of multichannel amps for the centre speaker and the four ceiling speakers. The mass of wiring is necessary because the main l/r channels are 3-way active and there are reclockers between everything (the reclockers all need a 9v dc supply from a lps and obviously they have their digital input cable and a digital output cable).

Here’s a picture of the central area (but with poor lighting and everything mostly black probably not easy to see):

If I’ve done it correctly the following link will take you to some frontal photos:

System Photos! - Everything Else / Systems - PS Audio

4 Likes