The top 20 most expensive turntables ever made

Hi Jazznut,
I just like the Classic looks of the Einstein, Bergmann, Linn, Perpetuum Ebner, ELAc, VPI, EAC, Rega, but Thorens is what my favorite brand is.
This has not much to do with any judgement on sound, the more sculptures looking turntables are certainly interesting, but for practical reasons I prefer a hood on the turntable.

1 Like

My good ol’ circa 1978 Kenwood KD-500 with a Shure SME 3009 Series II and Shure V-15 hyper-elliptical always sounded stellar at a very modest cost. Gotta love epoxy resin limestone.

1 Like

Oswalds Mill Audio K3 Direct Drive Turntable.

Michael Fremer announced this upcoming turntable on AnalogPlanet recently (the TT in the picture is a prototype), where he predicted that the price would be over $200,000.00.

2 Likes

Thanks

It looks impresive :smiley:

Something mechanical, never going to be 100% Perfect, whit time that goes bye, the Earth gravitation etc going to make the turntable have, speed issue, etc

Here a few more fancy turntables…and for those lacking appropriately looking speakers, I attached a few suggestions.

@brodric: this is a rigid aluminum chassis :wink:

4 Likes

Rube Goldberg meets steampunk.

Perfect observation!

Who the heck owns all this stuff? There must be a scene beyond us.

2 Likes

I’d like to stick Mikey Fremer in a room with all of those eye-candy turntables and watch his head explode. :grin:

1 Like

I am glad to see I still have quite a long way to go with this silly obsession.

3 Likes

Wow amazing stuff jazznut :smile:

Maybe some “illuminati” living in a Castle :laughing:

Some more ugly vinyl playback clutter.

2 Likes

The same tonearm times four seems like a wasted opportunity.

1 Like

Probably using 4 different cartridges and very convinced of that arm :wink:

I figured that out but still…

I didn’t know it’s a prerequisite for a high end audio piece to be ugly as sin. These pieces sort of confirm my suspicion: the ultra high end audio is only remotely about sound but mostly about showing off. Bah! Humbug.

1 Like

Glad, I am not the only one who questions the investment, judging by the looks. Looking at those pictures, I feel like a proud owner of my Thorens TD105 with spare detachable tonearm to use different cartridges. The set comes probably for the price of the nameplate of some models you showed.

1 Like

No Uber $$$ here, but does have a high “Cool” factor! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Simply connect to the line input of your preamp or integrated.
Synergy - SME Audio
Comprising of a complete turntable combined with SME Series IV tonearm, Ortofon’s ‘exclusive series’ MC Windfeld Ti cartridge and a specially designed phono stage by NAGRA, all coupled with mono crystal silver wire by Crystal Cable.