Top SACDs

If like Buddy Guy on this album with Muddy. Keep an eye out for this album also on SACD with none other than Buddy Guy supporting Junior Wellsimage
! Unfortunately this SACD is currently backoredered waiting for repress. I found mine on eBay for a not so terrible price! These guys are the best in the business and it comes through the speakers when you give these albums a spin!

5 Likes

More essential Buddy Guy.

1 Like

Some essential Muddy Waters, the sound is in no way at the level of Folk Singer, but the performances are world class blues.

Not SACD, but for the Blues, and for the music.

2 Likes

Still in print, so to speak…?

If yes, I might just have to pick this one up.

Regards.

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/93657/Dusty_Springfield-Dusty_In_Memphis-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Thank you, Sir.

Ordered.

Ordered that Dusty and Muddy. Thanks for the killer suggestions.

Alison Krauss and Union Station Live recorded in DSD. If you want to know how good SACDs can sound, this is the double album for you. Alison has perfect pitch as well so the vocals are outstanding!

4 Likes

Cowboy Junkies “Whites off Earth Now” from MoFi is pretty impressive.

1 Like

Add this one to your list if you don’t own it. The best SACD version IMO. Dave Brubeck Time Out back in stock! image

12 Likes

Can’t go wrong with AP remastered SACDs (However, their LP releases still sound better in my system);

2 Likes

Top Music International remastered SACDs can still be found at Acoustic Sounds website. They also have LPs; Great sound quality;

1 Like

My new found favorite! AP’s SACD release of little girl blue completely surprised me.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who uses Dire Straits: Brothers in Arms as one of their top reference / demo discs?!? A+ 5 stars Platinum

6 Likes

You are definitely not the only one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

HATARI!!!

Really? I guess Rhino farts and revving engines need showing off :thinking:

It is an excellent Mancini soundtrack.

4 Likes

I picked up a Copy of Dusty after seeing some recommendations! Thanks!
I also added John Lee Hooker for free shipping

3 Likes

I am anxious to read your review of John Lee’s performance.