What are the best SACD albums that you can currently purchase on amazon/discogs right now?

I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket and want to increase my SACD library.

What are the best SACD albums that you can currently purchase on amazon/discogs right now? Please provide a link.

This is what I’ve ordered so far:

Bright Size - Pat Metheny

Joan Armatrading - Joan Armatrading:

Argus - Wishbone Ash:
Argus

Autumn Leaves - Lady Kim:
Autumn Leaves

Kaleidoscope - Hiromi:
hiromi kaleidoscope

1 Like

I wasn’t aware that led zeppelin III was released on SACD. Do you have a link to it?

How do you like the Peter Gabriel So SACD?

Some of the DSD files in my library are vinyl rips - I believe that was one of them.

1 Like

It’s very good! If you can find a SACD copy its well worth it imo.

Discogs here I come. How is the Redbook layer?

Thats a good question, I ripped the DSD layer to DSF and never looked back. The redbook is probably also very good.

I have considered getting the Metheny Bright Size Life on SACD as the hi res. version on qobuz sounds very good. Any comments on this Japanese version?

I purchased the SACD when it was first released. If you have access to the Qobuz 96 version I would save your money. Being generous, the differences are incremental.

1 Like

Thank you. Saved me some money that I can reallocate elsewhere.

I love Qobuz for making it so easy and inexpensive to solve music acquisition issues. I buy because the future is uncertain. 24.96 is easy. I love when its 24.192. Bigger files have to sound better, right?

1 Like

Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

Sigh.

1 Like

What’s the best food?
McDonald’s
Taco Bell

When I want a fancy, dress up meal, Olive Garden.

3 Likes

What do you dress up as?

On second thought, don’t answer that question.

2 Likes