Tubes damper rings and/or shields

I also use Herbie‘s tube dampers, more effective than isolation feet differences and quite eliminating them.

Thanks for the help. Here is why I can’t go the isolation feet and ended up with the Herbie solution as indicated by jazznut. I only have 7.5in between glass shelves for both the DAC & BHK Preamp to stack. If I loose the feet on both components; stacks to 7in and adding the 1/4in Herbie solution per component may work. I’ve also ordered the 1/8in Herbie solution just in case. Going to stack the preamp under the DAC because in the next 2020 system iteration, I’m going to dual BHK300 amps and the BHK preamp’s output cable (Nordost Valhalla 2 (0.6m)), will just make it to the bottom BHK300 input. Already modeled with Visio.

What tube dampers fit in the BHK amps? I’d like to try them. I use dampers in my all tube preamp but havent tried to listen for differences, since they went in many years ago with different components.

Herbie’s Audio Lab UltraSonic SS-9 the BHK pre. misread post. my bad.

Brett thanks but I meant what fits in the amp - not the pre.

@emailists - I just sent Herbie’s Audio Lab and email asking the same question. If you look at this thread, some one says they work on BHK250 amp; however, tight. I ordered the Rx-9 for my PSA BHK Preamp. Looks like the SS-9 might fit in tighter locations. I’m getting that ironed out today.

@emailist - Robert got back to me and said he was not familiar with the PSA BHK250 amplifier and weather their dampeners will fit. He did say the SS-9 isolation pads were slightly smaller than the Rx-9 isolation pads. So, I bought the SS-9 dampeners. I will follow up with the community to let everyone know if the SS-9 fits on the BHK250 amplifier in about a week.

Hi. I use a pair of the RX-9 in my BHK 250. They fit and work perfectly.

As do the SS-9 I use. No problem with clearance in the BHK 250.

UltraSonic Rx Damping Instrument - Rx-9 × 6