What are you spinning now? Mark 10

4 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Disc 2

4 Likes

Been playing a lot of this guy, basically 1 album each morning. Good space ambient, if you like that sort of thing you’ll probably like this one and all his stuff.

4 Likes

Qobuz. HR. With help from @anconkla I finally located this album. Normally I have reservations about sopranos, but with the exception of a couple of tracks the singing was so well integrated with the accompaniment that it was actively enjoyable. The music itself is attractive, the sound quality good, and at times it felt rather like a live performance. I think I shall mark it as a favourite just to prove to myself that am not always a total curmudgeon about sopranos (on recordings, a good coloratura soprano can be very effective live)

5 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

anecdote alert -
in 1993 i was driving a recording studio in liverpool called “Hard City Records”.
one of the many rock bands that came in had a drummer who was really into electronica. he brought a cd with him called “feed your head” and at the time i liked it and we played it a lot during that week.
tuesday afternoon i woke up with one of those tunes in my head, and lo - eBay had an old copy :slight_smile:

so here it is.
it’s quite good in places, but not great, good thing cds are so cheap!

4 Likes

Is that a Quad 306 power amplifier behind the CD jewel case.?

3 Likes

You gotta figure any group whose album is named after the closing line from Jefferson Airplane’s White Rabbit has some potential merit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 Likes

it is well, spotted :slight_smile:
gets used for the ancient pavanes occasionally, the main speakers are still driven by quad 520s of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the second half has improved a lot - a remix of system 7s “Habibi” for one :slight_smile:

Quad’s current dumping…

5 Likes

plenty of current being dumped today :smiley:
add to that my son just broke and bought a bigger air con unit for his room. this of course means rain and cold is inevitable tomorrow :wink:

2 Likes