What are you spinning now? Mark 8

Picked up the AR XA TT today, all original with the manuals, 45 adapter, cartridge line up tool with weights, also dust cover in great shape.

14 Likes

SFJazz Collective Inaugral Season Live 2004, disc 1

Works of Ornette Coleman and original compositions

3 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

Good show! What’s the year of manufacture.? Private sale.?

9 Likes

13 Likes

9 Likes

11 Likes

14 Likes

I’m not sure about the year, with the large SN I would guess mid 70s maybe. I haven’t found any date codes yet, maybe off the motor is something. Yes private sale today, also picked up 14 LPs and 4 CDs. A good day out rummaging for stuff!!! Also an extra head shell was with it, both cartridges are trash, but I got a few I can mount. Will give it a good overhauling/cleaning sometime soon.

7 Likes

11 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

13 Likes

11 Likes

so today whilst spending a bit of time on (anti)social media, i have proposed re engineering the solar system, to improve the view, using jupiter (collapsed into a mini star, thanks to Clarke for that idea) and using it to project psychedelic oil wheel patterns onto the oort cloud, using saturn as the “oil wheel”.
i have a team of astrophysics masters students working on it now, funnily enough they are based at St. andrews Uni :slight_smile:

I have also realised that gravy (yuck) is actually brown meat flavoured custard.

one or two of my friends have suggested (perhaps kindly, perhaps not) that i am taking psychedelic drugs and/or listening to Hawkwind.

folks, this is the kinda stuff my brain comes out with (along with myriad other randomness that doesn’t make it as far as this forum) when i am not taking drugs…

anyway here’s Mr Dolby singing about, but confirmed not believing in, a flat earth :slight_smile:

5 Likes

that’s a great album cover!

1 Like

I put your excessive maundering down to sleep deprivation. “Haver”… as in – "I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) " by The Proclaimers. :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

13 Likes

13 Likes