What are you spinning now? (Mk 3)

It has gladdened my heart to hear you appreciate both music and artwork…!

2 Likes

7 Likes

Dean Friedman cover is way cool!
Will give it a play.
Chas

1 Like

I have a copy on the way to upper east tn!

2 Likes

I am sure you will like it…

I’m listening to the cd on youtube right now thru my computer speakers and I do like it.

1 Like

That’s great… It has a wonderful vibe with all the Spanish musicians, etc.

1 Like

Sounds even better now. feeding it from my computer to my DSD and to the Watkins WE-1 speakers.

2 Likes

Duke Pearson, “Prairie Dog,” Atlantic/Warner Japan cd.

Prairie_Dog_%28album%29.jpg

Once you get used to hearing Pearson in the Atlantic Records sound and not the Blue Note sound this is a great listen. Spaulding, Coleman, Vick. . . great horns.

3 Likes

Cancel the CD and continue listening through Youtube - because according to Big-Bore all digital physical formats sound worse…! Well, it has to be so!!!

4 Likes

Ha… one thing I may do is edit the tracks and remove the audience clapping at the end of the tracks once I load it into my computer. I’ve done this before on some live cds.

1 Like

2 Likes

11 Likes

Qobuz. CD. After Albinoni on the massive Italian Baroque box set came Barsanti; a composer I was not familiar with. These concerti grossi are recognizably Italian, but seem a little more idiomatic, A pleasant listen. Sound and performance both fine but not exceptional.

3 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

A perennial favorite.

Yes. And it’s one of those albums that always makes one’s system sound good…

3 Likes

U2 - Boy 'Heavy Weight Vinyl" edition, whatever that means (it looks an ordinary 180gr to me).