What are you using with M700 amps

I have a pair of PSB T2’s and recently purchased a REL T7x. Still trying to get the ultimate sound experience from this configuration.

Happy Cake Day @apanella !

Monitor Audio Gold 100 5G.

Another one for Kanta 2

Old Kef Reference 203’s + a tube pre-amp.

Magnepan LRS.

ELAC UNI-FI 2.0 UB5.2s
And they have really woke those speakers up and make them sound so much bigger.
No speaker upgrade in my (near) future.
Thanks PS AUDIO!

1 Like

ELAC Debut Reference DFR52s with a pair of REL T5/x’s (high level connected) swiped from the home theater setup.

M700s have the clear detailed power to make the ELACs sing!

But I, along with others, await the FR20 release.

1 Like

Sopra No 1 x 2 and
Rel T9x x 2 (technically m700s don’t “drive” them)

3 Likes

Quick question …do u use 700 on ur sopra 2 as well n if so how would u rate the sound …as im using naim with mine…n contemplating another change :thinking::confused:

Ahh just seen this after posting …why don’t you think they drive them …how do they sound

Since the 700, I moved to a 1200, and then I moved back to an Anthem 1120 for Center duties. While all of this listening and comparing was going on I decided that what I really need to do is get a new HT Pre and a 9 channel amp for Center and surrounds, so I sold the1200 while it still had good resale value. I am somewhere between getting a Trinnov or an Audiocontrol.

I have a Jeff Rowland 625 S2 for the front L&R. I use the HT input on a BHK Pre.

2 Likes

@Stevelj244, since the RELs are powered subwoofers, the high-level input on them has extremely high impedance. They’re not drawing any current from M700s.

My listening room is very small (<200 sqft). Sopra no1 works perfectly. I have the port plugged and they integrate with the RELs easily. Sound wise, I’d describe it as open, nuanced, amazing sound stage. The RELs fill in the bottom end nicely. It’s not fatiguing for me, but that’s a very personal preference.

2 Likes

Ahh ok cool …yep was just wondering as u have the sopras as well on gaia …sopra centre as u know upgradeitus kicks in n makes us wonder …thanks for that :wink:

1 Like

Ah i got u now …yep i have rel 812 s, attached at my speakers n love them …enjoy :grin:

Salk Song3 Encore speakers: Salk Sound

1 Like

So peterthebutcher…

Which speaker did you settle on finally?

Best wishes

as of today, there have been major health issues with my other half (breast cancer) so altho a lot was done on the NHS here in the UK, initial scans etc were done private, so the money I had put to one side for speakers, was used for that. Now she is OK, the hunt continues, am going to my dealer next week, to hear some Dynaudio Evoke 30’s, as he has them in stock, and if I like the sound, will get the Evoke 50’s on a home demo with my amps (M700) etc

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your other half’s breast cancer…but glad she is now ok!!

Have read good things about Dynaudio…

Best wishes

Before moving on to the M1200s, I had the M700s driving my Totem Tribe towers. They did a fine job. I upgraded due to a special PSA was offering and a desire to add tubes to my experience.

1 Like