What Melody Are You Humming Today?

It can be any genre; what melody line is running through your head today?

To start, of all things, I watched a Symphonic Orchestra rendition of Iron Maiden’s “Fear of the Dark” last night and have been humming it between meetings all day.

Play that funky music white boy.

It’s been stuck in my head since the weekend.

1 Like

Big Yellow Taxi…”Take paradise, put up a parking lot.”

1 Like

The guitar solos of ‘What I am’ by Edie Brickell & New Bohemians.

2 Likes

“They paved paradise”

1 Like

mahna mahna -Sesame street

3 Likes

Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Amusingly, the versions of “Mah Nà Mah Nà” by The Muppets are covers. There are latter versions by other artists as well.

The song has legs.

1 Like

This morning it’s Itchycoo Park by the Small Faces

1 Like

Rockin’ Down the Highway - Doobie Brothers

Comfortably Numb by “Pink Floyd”. Honestly…lately…it’s ALWAYS Pink Floyd.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

This morning it’s the old Campbell’s Soup commercial for some reason. “Mmmmm Good. Mmmmm Good.”

1 Like

This morning for me it’s “Tie A Yellow Ribbon ‘Round The Old Oak Tree.”
I can’t get it out of my mind!

1 Like

I fought the law, and the law won.

Bobby Fuller Four

2 Likes

Now it’s

In the year 2525 - if man is still alive…

Zager and Evans

2 Likes

“Salt Peanuts”. Driving me crazy (er).

1 Like

This one has me this afternoon.

“Whats the news across the nation?”

From Rowan and Martin’s Laugh In

1 Like

ear worms torture me at times* but on the other hand it’s nice to be able to listen to music in detail in one’s head on demand, built in head ipod!
this last week it’s been Sky’s “Where opposites meet”, which is a great piece of music and goes way back to its release for me, but it became persistent and intrusive and started keeping me awake. as ever the cure for persistent ear worms is to listen to as much music as possible, or, if in a pinch, recall “the safety dance” by Men without hats, which seems to have strange ear worm erasing properties all of its own :slight_smile:

* there is a scientific paper discussing the phenomenon of musicians suffering from intrusive persistent ear worms, to the detriment of their state of mind: i contacted the author once, he said about 60 people worldwide had contacted him also to add to his studies.

1 Like

“Duke’s Travels/Duke’s End”. Genesis.

2 Likes

Chopin’s Polonaise in A-flat major. There’s a bird here that I call Chopin bird. It whistles that theme 24/7 - a bit off to make it more annoying - and I just can’t get it off my head.

2 Likes