What USB cord for PWDAC II

I’m looking for advise on what USB cord works best with the PWDAC II. I have tried the mapleshade USB cord but it was somehow incompatible with the PWDAC it produced a clicking noise. I’ve heard another user say it didn’t work for him either with the PWDaC. I have mine connected via USB input from a 2013 iMac. Now I am using a ridge street audio alethias USB cord which was supposed to be pretty good back in the day. I was thinking of trying out the Audioquest diamond USB cord. Has anyone heard this with the PWDAC II?

I had a diamond for trial and was good but ended up buying a Transparent Premium, it is by far the best and most analog sounding while still detailed and dynamic of all I tried. Price is similar I believe. You can take it another step and add an Emperical Audio Short Block USB Filter, the cable plugs into it and then into the PWD. It disables the 5 v lead but works with the PWD, a good addition for $200. http://www.empiricalaudio.com/products/short-block

Thanks for the info. What other’s did you try? I was also looking at the Wireworld Platinum. I will give the short block filter a look thanks.

Most recent was the $5 Belkin Gold, which is a great cheap cable, generics of course and one my dealer loaned me a yr ago but the brand escapes me now.

The WyWires USB cable works great. Other ones I have tried are Wireworld Silver Starlight and Audioquest Coffee, but found the WyWires to be the most natural sounding, biggest soundstage, and lots of details.

Which of the wywires did you like? The gold is pretty pricey. I’ve never heard of these cables but I see they offer a return policy. They even say that they require a phone consultation to make sure they believe their wires are right for your system.

I also use a Wywires “silver” USB cable. It replaced a Wireworld silver starlight for me and is excellent. Alex is a class act and very good to work with. Basically he will ask you what is in your system and make a suggestion based on that. In my case, most of his “Blue” series were what he recommended. I happened to find a “silver” on a’gon for a good price and bought it. I am using his blue xlr ic’s and am very pleased. If I ever get some money again I plan on getting his speaker cables as well. He hasn’t steered me wrong yet, and he seems to be a straight shooter.

Which of the wywires did you like? The gold is pretty pricey. I've never heard of these cables but I see they offer a return policy. They even say that they require a phone consultation to make sure they believe their wires are right for your system.

I am using the Silver series USB. The USB cable does not have a Blue series. Alex is a great person to deal with. He always answers his emails in a timely manner.

Ejlif: let me know if you decide to go for the wireworld cable. My friend is a dealer of them and he lets me give 25% discount on new cables.

Ejlif: let me know if you decide to go for the wireworld cable. My friend is a dealer of them and he lets me give 25% discount on new cables.

That sounds great I'll definitely check with you if I decide to go with the Wireworld