Which are the top or Best Of The Best Mastering; Remastering Engenieers?

hello everbody;

i made a thread of this subject long time ago:

Regards

Sorry, can we delete my thread?

Some of my favorites:

Barry Diament - Did a ton of amazing sounding early Atlantic CDs, including Led Zeppelin, Anita Baker - Rapture, AC/DC

Steve Hoffman - Great work for DCC and Audio Fidelity

Rob LoVerde - Does superb work for Mobile Fidelity

Kevin Gray - Solid, transparent mastering work for Audio Fidelity, Analog Productions, etc.

Shawn Britton - Mobile Fidelity. I don’t like him as much as Rob, but he does very good work

1950s Rudy Van Gelder

2 Likes

You do not have to delete the thread. Our good friend @Elk can merge the two.

I have Barry Diament’s guns roses and Bob Marley Amazing stuff, but first Japanese pressings of for example Bob Marley legend is great i guess the master tape were some years fresher (earlier) then.

Thank you Paul , for this great interview you did with Bernie Grundman
https://www.psaudio.com/podcast/bernie-grundman/

GĂźnter Pauler of Stockfisch Records is my hero. And the best record I ever listened to is the Stockfisch DMM Dubplate. This special record cuts the audio signal directly into a copper plated steel disc. No pre-echos, no crackling noise.

Sorry for my english. I meant that “Our DMM Lathe cuts the audio signal into a copper plated steel disc.” That says the cover text on the album cover.

He’s indeed a magician and makes some of the very best among the great recordings. I talked to him, his opinion is, it doesn’t need more than PCM 24/88 and more sample rate can even be harmful. It proves nothing except that recording skill rules.

1 Like