Which Cover Album are You Spinning Right Now?

I’ll have to look into that one. I’ve been a big fan of TbT for a few years. I think they should get the award for best song title ever for their “My Brother Works for the CIA (When He’s Not Doing Time).”

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

This set is a snooze fest IMO except for the last track, “Walk on” covered by Heidi Gluck. Now that’s how to rock a Neil Young tune!

1 Like

The Mancuso/Cornelissen track is nice. Did you DL the album from Bandcamp? Do you rec the whole rekkid? Matteo’s playing has given me faith in the current generation, as someone who is not simply a YouTube Sensation that can execute blinding riffs, etc. - though he certainly does that. But I actually like what he plays while he’s blinding you.

Much love and respect for your ongoing Cover Curiosity, BTW!:pray:t2:

1 Like

Some nice bits on here. Not all PG originals, but all covers, methinks.

Pretty sure this is the same as the PBS Great Performances entitled “Mick Fleetwood and Friends”. I recall watching it for a few minutes and being freaked out enough by the visuals that I didn’t hear the music.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Maybe my fave cover album ever

Bonnie’s version of “When the Spell is Broken” being a musical highlight from all angles.

4 Likes

I was just tracking through it on Bandcamp. The $20 minimum for a download seems steep (I would pay it for a physical copy, but this appears to be a download-only release). Everything I heard sounded great. I will re-listen to the Mancuso/Cornelissen track.

Dammit, I could not find on Qobuz (I don’t have Tidal, or for that matter your favorite, apple itunes)

I do not see it on Tidal or Spotify. Had to settle for this Thompson covers set:

Yup, sorry - just got back on Roon after years away, and it’s finding things on my network drives. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Thanks @badbeef, but no need to apologize – there is no rule that posted albums have to be streamable!

1 Like

2 Likes

I bought this CD immediately after hearing REM’s version of “Wall of Death” playing on a Santa Fe art gallery music system more than 20 years ago. I agree on the Raitt track, but I find equally good “The Dimming of the Day” by the Five Blind Boys of Alabama. Far and away my favorite version of that song.

1 Like

Yes - a classic cover for sure!

That is a good one and I will try to check it out. Another candidate for best song title ever – do I sense a new forum thread topic? – is: “You Ain’t No Street Walker Mama, Honey But I Do Love the Way You Strut Your Stuff” by Taj Mahal.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like