Why cant I sell my P12 [sold]

Thanks man, but I didnt take it that way. I appreciate everyone being nice enough to help me adjust my expectation

2 Likes

So the P12 retails here for $7800 + 13% tax.
I figured a boxless used one could go for $4000 out the door. So this is a little confusing but I guess its too niche a market

US MSRP is $5999.

So x 60%:

What if one gets a store demo for less than 38% of MSRP? :wink:

2 Likes

That is always a trap and must be avoided at all costs. Unless it is not. Still.

2 Likes

Which equates to CDN $4767.66. The OP is in Canada. Given that it is listed by a dealer at CDN $2700 and has not sold yet indicates a weak market for this item. Shocking, yes, but there it is. I would think a Canadian forum member would snatch it up. Iā€™d be tempted by it if it were silver. Only a three hour drive (not accounting for Toronto traffic which I canā€™t account for!) for me in Michigan. Not sure if the lack of a box would cause issues with customs.

Thanks man thats what I was about to say.

Only been listed since yesterday for that price. If it doesnā€™t get bites in 2 weeks I think Iā€™ll take it back and use it as a power bar to charge our cell phones. I did get 20% off msrp when I got it, but it sucks to have to give it away for near nothing

@SpyderTracks has a point. Iā€™ve bought and sold mostly non-new or based on good deals. Iā€™m not sure the advertised price matters a huge amount because if someone wants something they will make an offer and if itā€™s too cheap people will be dubious. Buyers tend to be fussy and a new box will probably really help.

Here in the UK my PS Audio kit was very difficult to sell at any price, two items took over a year, one I had to send to Germany and I got about 30% of cost. No P12ā€™s have been sold or are listed in HiFiShark in the UK, so the frequency of transactions on HiFiShark is a very good guide on how long an item may take to sell or whether to buy one in the first place.

1 Like

There seems to me to be misunderstanding about the general popularity of expensive hifi and the number of potential buyers out there in the wild. I think itā€™s far fewer than people think.

I just sold a Jelco 850 12", a great tonearm, when I listed it people were telling me it would sell immediately. It took 6 months and at a very modest price. I recently bought a Luxman L-509x new, open box, at $200 above dealer cost, which retails at $9,500, and it still took the dealer 2 months to sell.

1 Like

One insight many here may already know and tend to take advantage of is many PS Audio products tend to be offered up at 30-40% off during typical March/April and August/September sales. This tends to undermine the secondary market value. That said $2,000 should result in a quick sale fair to both parties. I agree with Vince, original cartons, packing, and manuals are a must.

2 Likes

Assuming shipped safely these items unnecessary for meā€¦unable to ability to resell

Iā€™d look at the history tab on hifishark for selling prices.

1 Like

Buyers would like to know the age of the piece and whether there is any warranty left. I didnā€™t see this in your listing, but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

As a Newbie to the Bouncy House Phenomenon known as the Venerable Linn Sondek LP12. I understand @TiBoneFramer your dilemma. I just sent my Mofi StudioDeck & StudioPhono to TMRaudio on a consignment sell. It will take forever for them to get rid of it. I loved that setup but my Childhood Audio Dreams were answered a while ago when an Orchard Audio customer here in Phoenix reached out to me about possibly buying his LP12/Lingo/Benz Micro MC Wood body Cart. for $2000 firm. It was listed for higher than that at LMC Entertainment who also did the maintenance on the pieces.

Itā€™s 33 yrs. old and wasnā€™t used on the last 20 ! Absolutely mint condition. I had to have it and he even agreed to do a payment plan agreement !

Hope that helps (probably not). But thatā€™s my Twoonies worth of an opinion.

Cheers,
Joe

5 Likes

A fine set-up especially with the Benz. Once youā€™ve grown accustomed to it, and if you have access to a top notch Linn set-up person, Iā€™d recomend the Kore or Keel upgrade, and a Lingo 4 or Radikal. Skip the Trampolin, but a Sound Organisation stand is a worthy consideration. Congrats!

1 Like

If the power plant12 is vpn lack I am interested based on price. I missed out on the PS audio sale I believe is was $2200.

Is still there :slight_smile:

Sorry for my phone typing for me I meant to say if it is black I have an interest

1 Like

Congrats with your Linn! Once you are used to the sound, donā€™t feel like you only have to do Linn-branded upgrades. They are stupidly expensive, and there are many upgrades available that achieve the same results for much less money.

Here in South Africa, the Dewaudio Starmap kit achieves what you would with the Keel for a lot less, but I believe there are similar kits available in other parts of the world, and shouldnā€™t be hard to find someone who can fit them properly.

1 Like

Wanted to thank everyone for their help with this. It did sell very quickly after you all helped me.

Nowā€¦as to why I cant sell my AC12ā€¦

2 Likes