XLR: Nu-Vista 800 & PSA DAC

I wonder if anyone recommend XLR vs RCA between PSA DAC and an integrated amplifier, in my case a Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista 800.

If you have the option I always would choose the balanced connection. It usually provides the lowest noise levels. Opinions vary but I say don’t go crazy on the XLR cables. Get a decent quality cable such as Canare Star Quad cable. It should be available for under $50-$75 a pair depending on what length you need. YOMV.

Agreed on XLR. I once had the nu-vista 800. One word to describe it: fun! Listening to it was never boring. Congrats and enjoy.

Thanks! :+1::smiley:

Without a doubt, XLR. I’ve compared the two with WW Platinum Eclipse 7’s, one RCA and one XLR. The XLR has 6 db gain over RCA so I had to match level by turning up the volume on RCA. The sound was so much better in my system with XLR that when my brother heard it, he wanted to get a XLR cable but his tubed Conrad Johnson Gat has no XLR inputs and it does sound better with his preamp in over directly to his BHK power amp. So he got a Decware converter XLR to RCA that does not lost the 6 db gain and does not degrade the signal and could not be happier with the results. It took forever, months to get the Decware, I think they start to make one when you order one or something like that. It was worth the wait. Beautiful sound with XLR.