Your Next Upgrade? (Part 2)

Crappy Barrel - I mean Crate & Barrel. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :joy: I had a less than positive experience with them some years ago on a different thing and I still have a bad taste in my mouth about it. But they had what I was looking for. Barrett II chair and a half. If the dimensions are not quite what you need, try American Leather. They offer many more variations on a leather chair and a half concept, and the stuff is made very very well. But the model I was looking at from their offerings was a little too deep front to back for my space.

1 Like

Nice cartridge. You will be having fun in the coming days. How does this compare to your recent Benz cart?

Haven’t mounted it yet, but I was using my Sussurro MkII for a while before I got my Benz back (it was in for a check up). The MkII comes across as slightly faster, slightly flatter in FR than the Benz. But the Benz reproduces mids more to my liking. I figured the Gold is using the Hyperion motor and has moved from the Ruby cantilever to Boron (also used by Benz), and the Golds are hand made only by Peter and checked by Peter - and are a limited production item. All in all it seemed like it’d be worth trying. Chances are when they’re all gone I won’t have an opportunity to run across another one. SS carts are the only other ones I’d use besides Benz. Except for my Miyajima Mono. :slightly_smiling_face: I can’t afford anything better!

2 Likes

Peter is a fun guy to talk to. He is very passionate but also practical about his craft.

2 Likes

Yep, I think he’s a great guy although some of my fellow audio buds think he comes off as a bit snarky. I don’t. Plus he’s very philanthropic, which is nice.

I’ve talked to him many times on the phone and at a show and I never got “snarky”.

1 Like

nice cups

After coming back from our Italy trip, I am adding one of these to our kitchen.

4 Likes

A classic! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh my God that’s ace. Here at our household we are so basic, we’ve settled for the old Volturno.

1 Like

Alessi

5 Likes

When it comes to aesthetic design Europeans certainly know what they’re doing. I guess after 2,000 years that should be expected. Still, it’s impressive.

4 Likes

Cool indeed but the traditional one must be in aluminium…

4 Likes

Just upgraded to the Taiko Audio Extreme.
So far I am loving it!!

13 Likes

That thing is a beast!
What kind of rack are you using? I like the tubular framework design.

I have the aluminum but I prefer to use the ss.

2 Likes

How cool, envy here. Look forward to your listening impressions.

Ohhhhh! Very nice! Congratulations!

Welcome to the Forum!

1 Like

Thanks, Guys!
The Taiko Extreme weighs over 100lbs and barely fits in my Billy Baggs rack.
I added a Synergistic Research Master fuse, Stealth Cloud power cord, Stealth USB, Ansuz D2 ethernet cable, and RevoPod footers to tweak it out a little.
Incredible imaging and separation between the vocals and individual instruments!

10 Likes