Your Next Upgrade? (Part 2)

@luca.pelliccioli - ristretto, espresso, macchiato - these are all part of the language of Melbourne, thanks to the wonderful Italians who made their home here! Seriously, you will find what you seek if you visit Melbourne and not be disappointed. It is an art form. La Marzocco machines are everywhere, and baristas know how to use them. I start my day with a quadruple shot.

5 Likes

Blasphemy. That’s a Lungo, Italian for “long”.

2 Likes

Jay Leno said in a recent interview that he has never tasted coffee. Imagine that.

1 Like

I would move.

1 Like

I didn’t know this was a word fot that, thanks. In Brooklyn we would’ve called it a rip-off.

1 Like

Unless you are Italian (or Australian, apparently!). :grin: There are those of us in the U.S. who remember the ways of our Italian heritage. :it:

4 Likes

Correct.

Once again, Vince has turned the entire debate on his favorite argument! Diabolical!

1 Like

What they should be asking for is a caffe doppio!

4 Likes

Lungo (long) = 1x coffee and 2x water
Doppio (double) = 2x coffee and 2x water
Ristretto (short) = 1x coffee and 1/2 water

Outside Italy (and Australia, now I know)
Espresso = 1x coffee and 5x water or even more sometimes

6 Likes

In other words, mud.

2 Likes

I had coffee twice in Greece. The second time I ordered it thinking that the first cup must have been a mistake, with all the suspended sediment.

2 Likes

One friend of mine maintains Greek food and drink is all about fiber.

3 Likes

Triste! That’s Italian for sad.

2 Likes

You are not alone in that regard.

3 Likes

Ristretto typically relies on a finer grind as well. For me it’s about the beans, the roast, the grind, and the barista’s capability to pull a good espresso. Seldom do all come together at a local cafe. When I am out for the morning my preference is a cortado followed by a short seltzer.

1 Like

Realizing the importance of clean power, and the heights my system attained by introducing the Puritan 156, my next upgrade will be adding the GroundMaster City and RouteMaster.

3 Likes

Picking it up tomorrow. Up until now my wife and I have had to sit in separate chairs while listening together. This chair and a half is just the right size for the room and will fit the two of us very nicely. I tried a fabric chair and a half and it completely killed the sonics in the room that I’d spent the last year and a half optimizing. Figured a leather chair and a half (the one I’m sitting in right now is a leather single seater) would be the right solution. I hope I’m right!

10 Likes

And oh, this little item just showed up today. :wink:

6 Likes

Who makes the chair?
It is both the size and design we are looking for…

Best,
-JP

What differentiates the Gold version?