30K system for a Garage?!

I completely disagree, but if that’s the way you feel, then great.

1 Like

So what percentage of audio sales do you think at lets say Magnolia audio or an equivalent store sufficiently explain the importance of room dynamics before a sale of a system? What percentage of those sales could you argue a person would be better off spending money reconfiguring their room and/or treating thier room before buying higher end equipment? I believe many audio dealers are knowingly or unwittingly commiting similar sins as this guy…but at least he is acknowledging the sins and seemingly knows the sin.

3 Likes

I’d be happy if he would just get those speakers closer together and away from the side walls of the counter they are sitting on, to begin with. That would be a great start.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, treating an actual room, where you SIT to listen to audio is a little different than a GARAGE! Like seriously guys. :rofl:

Like I don’t get how many trying to justify this… in a garage best you can hope for is background music which you can achieve with basic gear if setup right.

So what?

They are enjoying music, regardless of how played back.

One can make the same argument that a lesser system than what you have is less worthy, or that music reproduction in a car is inferior and should inherently be rejected. Nope, all music listening is wonderful.

2 Likes

The hell with his stereo … From what is shown in the video, I want the garage !

5 Likes

Too clean for me—my junk would not be at home there! :sunglasses:

Agree 100% - his garage is SICK. He should stick to it as his advice and work there is top notch.

1 Like

My house doesn’t have a garage so, problem solved.

Wasn’t trying to justify what he is doing…just noting that many in retail hifi would rather sell you more hardware instead of coaching and selling you low margin or no margin room acoustic treatments.

I just don’t understand what anyone objects to here. It’s his money, his space, his stereo.
I have friends who think I’m an idiot for buying my speakers. I don’t give a whit what they think and I have no respect for their emotional reaction.
And I have a friend who has a safe full of stamps. Approximately $300K worth–of stamps–in a safe. They make him happy. God bless. We move on to something meaningful.

5 Likes

Not only do I not understand objecting, I maintain music in a garage need not be “background.”

For me, there is no such things as background music. I have a modest system in my garage which I listen to when working cars and motorcycles, etc. I am fully engaged with the music as I work.

If anything, I am listening to music and changing brake pads in the background.

8 Likes

I’m a guitarist, I love reverb!

3 Likes

I’ve had a few systems in garages over the years. Boom boxes, old speakers, and a Sony desktop system. And I must say I probably spent a bit much(by my standards) on the Dynaudio Xeo’s and Blusesound Node 2i for the work bench. But it is the best sound I’ve ever had in a garage and I enjoy the the hell out of it!

7 Likes

If he’s a consumer, sure. He’s not. He’s selling this stuff. These videos are promos for his audio dealing business.

Sure one can setup a nice garage system but the issue is getting the most out of the gear and that’s not possible in his setup. If he was just a consumer, good for him, these are promos for sale. It’s different.

I understand what you’re saying. I just believe that his customers have a brain, and free will.

2 Likes

As we have already pointed out, in the video he describes the limitations and problems with the setup. That is, he does not claim they are “getting the most out of the gear”, but instead readily admits and discloses the issues.

No one is being mislead.

1 Like

As the old song says, “Let it be”.

3 Likes

Here’s my “garage system” (and front porch, basement…) No longer made which is a bummer. At $300 this thing rocks!

1 Like