Aerial Acoustics. Thinking about these. Any opinions?

2 Likes

Funny you should mention those as they were on my short list about 4 years back. I liked them quite a bit, especially if you do not need ultra deep bass. Best for a moderate to small room. Audio Consultants in the Chicago area carried them, but unfortunately Audio Consultants is no more. When looking to upgrade a family room system they were near the top of my list, which included Aerial 6T, Aerial 5T, Vandersteen VLR-CT, Treo-CT, Harbeth P3ESR, and C7ES-3. I had difficulty tracking down a local pair of the 6T speakers. If I had it is likely I would have ended up with them. Ultimately I went with the Aerial 5T and a pair of REL T5i subs. Considering the room size the Aerial 5T’s have been a perfect match as I listen near field. Any of the aforementioned speakers would have worked out nicely, but the Aerials nudged them out. I did investigate Magnepan LRS, .7 and 1.7 and thought they were too imposing for the space.

1 Like

Cool. Thanks!

1 Like

Aerial Acoustics speakers are very good & Michael Kelly one of the true gentlemen in the industry.

2 Likes

I bought a pair of 7T’s 8 years ago and still enjoy them in our living room. Very nicely balanced, with a midrange that is hard to beat. Their bass response is also very good, extending to the high 20’s (I believe the spec is 28hz +/- 2db). About a year ago, after watching one of Paul’s YouTubes, I decided to supplement them w/ a Rel S510 sub to get further bass extension in my room. They also responded quite effectively to positioning & toe-in tweaks, using Paul’s Audio Reference Disk (really uncanny how they sonically “disappeared.”) Eight years is the longest I’ve had a pair of speakers without feeling the urge to upgrade. I must admit, however, that I’ve been tempted to audition the new PSA speakers!

2 Likes

I’ve had a pair of 7B’s (model before the the latest 7T’s) for almost 20 years. Can’t say enough good things about them. Do so much right and very little wrong. Aerials are a speaker you can just relax into the sound and listen to for hours on end. So glad I bought them many moons ago.

And yes, as stated above Michael Kelly is a true class act. Whenever I have a question he is always there to listen and respond with well thought out answers and the utmost respect.

Will own Aerial speakers until the end…

Good luck!

Marc

2 Likes

I got rid of Martin Logan’s Aerius i speakers for a pair of 7B’s in 2017. I agree 100% with Mcroth, they are wonderful speakers with a great midrange. I attempted twice to see if I can replace them with Sonus Faber Olimpica II’s, and Cremona, and they did not got the nod. 7B’s were a tad above.
I had a chance to replace them with a very worthy Focal Electra 1028 Be, but the deal never happened. I still look around maybe one day I’ll find a pair at a reasonable price. IN the mean time I still enjoy them, the 7B’s.

3 Likes

I owned a pair of the original 10Ts. With the swiveling Novalith mid/tweeter head. The 10Ts were capable of the deepest, clean bass I’ve ever heard from a purely passive speaker. The Novalith head that could be rotated independent of the orientation of the bass module was inspired. Polite in the high end, but great midrange seamlessly integrated with the bass module. I’ve admired Aerial Acoustics ever since. Not only does Michael Kelly take care of his customers (as I found out when my 1st pair arrived damaged … he replaced them outright without a moments hesitation), he’s no poser as a designer. He’s a degreed physicist and knows exactly what he’s doing. Refreshing in an industry unfortunately populated by more than a few charlatans.

2 Likes

Met Mike years ago at an audio show & later corresponded with him on a couple of occasions. Aerial speakers are first class & Mike is one of the true gentlemen in the industry.

2 Likes