Aerial Acoustics. Thinking about these. Any opinions?

2 Likes

Funny you should mention those as they were on my short list about 4 years back. I liked them quite a bit, especially if you do not need ultra deep bass. Best for a moderate to small room. Audio Consultants in the Chicago area carried them, but unfortunately Audio Consultants is no more. When looking to upgrade a family room system they were near the top of my list, which included Aerial 6T, Aerial 5T, Vandersteen VLR-CT, Treo-CT, Harbeth P3ESR, and C7ES-3. I had difficulty tracking down a local pair of the 6T speakers. If I had it is likely I would have ended up with them. Ultimately I went with the Aerial 5T and a pair of REL T5i subs. Considering the room size the Aerial 5T’s have been a perfect match as I listen near field. Any of the aforementioned speakers would have worked out nicely, but the Aerials nudged them out. I did investigate Magnepan LRS, .7 and 1.7 and thought they were too imposing for the space.

1 Like

Cool. Thanks!

1 Like

Aerial Acoustics speakers are very good & Michael Kelly one of the true gentlemen in the industry.

2 Likes

I bought a pair of 7T’s 8 years ago and still enjoy them in our living room. Very nicely balanced, with a midrange that is hard to beat. Their bass response is also very good, extending to the high 20’s (I believe the spec is 28hz +/- 2db). About a year ago, after watching one of Paul’s YouTubes, I decided to supplement them w/ a Rel S510 sub to get further bass extension in my room. They also responded quite effectively to positioning & toe-in tweaks, using Paul’s Audio Reference Disk (really uncanny how they sonically “disappeared.”) Eight years is the longest I’ve had a pair of speakers without feeling the urge to upgrade. I must admit, however, that I’ve been tempted to audition the new PSA speakers!

2 Likes

I’ve had a pair of 7B’s (model before the the latest 7T’s) for almost 20 years. Can’t say enough good things about them. Do so much right and very little wrong. Aerials are a speaker you can just relax into the sound and listen to for hours on end. So glad I bought them many moons ago.

And yes, as stated above Michael Kelly is a true class act. Whenever I have a question he is always there to listen and respond with well thought out answers and the utmost respect.

Will own Aerial speakers until the end…

Good luck!

Marc

1 Like