Any M1200 reviews due

Hey eral63

The P12 will be the single major upgrade improver of you system’s sound quality
bar none!!

Akin to having a bad batch of gas in the car causing your engine to stumble
rough idle at traffic lights ie unregenerated power vs a smooth peppy responsive
engine ie regenerated power…

This is my experience with them. While true they are expensive…the results
will more than amaze you and please you for sure !!

Happy trails

1 Like

Hi davida,

Thanks, this made me curious enogh to contact the Norwegian PS Audio dealer and ask if I could have a P12 home for test.

1 Like

Yes…way to go…even without burn in it will be a major improver
of your system’s sound quality…go for it !!! :musical_score: :notes: :trumpet: :guitar: :postal_horn: :saxophone: :drum: :musical_note:

Me thinks you will wind up keeping it !!! :innocent: :grinning:

1 Like

Ye there is always a risk for keeping :rofl:…that was exactly what happened with the 1200’s :grinning:

1 Like

One you will not regret!!!

Hurry up get it before some other shmoe gets it first!!

1 Like

I’ve had my M1200s since they were first available and didn’t think they could be any better. The P12 made a big difference. If you borrow one I’ll be surprised if you return it.

3 Likes

I am writing up the PF review on the M1200 now and want to add my accolade for the P12. As I stated earlier in this thread, I’m buying the M1200 for my long term review system because it is THAT good! I had other “power conditioning” at work for the bulk of my listening sessions, but last month I got the P12 in house. Holy smokes people! I’m pretty well astonished by the improvements the P12 made.

I was thinking that my new place built just three years ago might have a power problem. I would have to wait until late at night for any critical listening. Earlier in the day, my system just didn’t sound right - a smaller, flattened soundstage and a very noticeable loss of resolution. I built the new place in a part of town that has some major industry just down the road from me and I thought that during business hours, quite possibly, some of these industrial businesses were back-feeding crap into the power lines. Then again, I had multiple power conditioners in play (including a Tice Power Block II Signature), so maybe I was making all this up. Short answer- I wasn’t! The P12 showed that my incoming power during the day had as high as 7.0% THD!! With the P12, I can now enjoy great sound any time of the day… and it’s even noticeably better very late at night. With outgoing power of 0.1% THD, I’m hearing a bigger, more focused soundstage and better micro and macro dynamics. It’s not subtle.

In my opinion, the M1200’s and the P12 together have delivered the best one-two sound improvement punch I’ve experienced in the 30 years I’ve been doing this stuff.

10 Likes

Yes Stu, the P12 is quite a game changer. Congratulations!!!

However…wait till you upgrade the fuses…if you haven’t allready.
Doing so will be just as astonishing as the P12 was for your system.

Happy trails Stu

Hi Dave. I’ve got a few different fuses in my gear box, but nothing new and I’m sure far from cutting edge. Do you have any recommendations for me to try in the P12?

1 Like

Hey Stuart
I have tried the following small 5 amp slow blow fuses:

HiFi Tuning silver Supremes very good detail, quick top to bottom.
SR Blue improve on the Supremes
SR Orange is in another class altogether
fyi in my Emotiva pre the 2) 315 ma fuses blew after about 2 months.
the Orange fuses in my new P15 and Parasound A21 are doing well
in my Wyred4Sound STP se Stage 2 doing well.
The articulation, speed, nuance, attacks, sustains, attacks, musical stops,
rests, scope, and depth of stage far outclass stock fuses.

BeesWax :…a friend of ours (no his name is not Beeswax ) on the forum has tried the new BeesWax uhd fuse and says he found them even better in his P20 a no contest winner
over the SR Oranges.

Knowing what the SR Orange fuses have accomplished in my system…
it is hard to visualize this huge a difference…One of these Beeswax
fuses is on my do list for my P15.

One caveat: the SR Orange take 300 or more hours to fully burn in.

Looking forward to reading your review on the M1200s.

Happy Hanukkah
Merry Christmas

Another plus on the Bees Wax Ultimate Premier UHD for a P20 or the direct Stream DAC. I never messed with SR fuses but they are likely to keep changing their rainbow :rainbow: as do most fuse makers to keep up their products buzz. I swapped back my P20 fuse to stock. 1 song was all it took to go back to the wax. The Bees Wax take 125 hours to adjust but even out of the box are great. Right now I am content with just changing the P20 fuse and nt chase fuses every place.

2 Likes

Hey Vmax…appreciate your reply…thanks

In a way you are right about changing their rainbow to keep
the “product buzz”.

Even Hi Fi Tuning has a new Supreme Cu fuse

The HiFi Tuning Supreme Cu Fuses utilize pure copper caps and melt wire, and are soldered with HiFi Supreme’s own Supreme solder, which is a silver/copper/gold mixture. The copper end caps are gold-plated, to prevent oxidation. The Supreme Cu fuses are also cryogenically treated, as well as undergo a quantum treatment by WA Quantum in Germany. These fuses have a warmer presentation than the standard HiFi Supreme fuses.

It remains to be seen what other fuse designers come up with as new materials with
better conductivity come on the market…

Just read the review in Stereophile. Pretty effusive praise there by Fremer. Nice job by Darren again and cool recognition of PSA as well. Also made the cover of the Mag right on top. Congrats to all involved.

1 Like

Thanks! We’re quite proud and honored.

Thanks Aiki! It’s been really fun hearing the feedback from folks that install them in their system!

Reposted

HiJames.
Some time ago you posted “Close to BHK? Certainly. The 250 still has the edge on them though.”
The M1200s are £6000 in the UK.
So,your recommendation must be to go for a second hand 250 as it can now be bought for less?

I do prefer the 250 over the 1200s. I would certainly grab a used 250 if you find one at an appealing price!