Any M1200 reviews due

Such a simple blanket statement, yet very true. The 1200’s ability to make the music sound large at low levels is quite astonishing. When you raise the volume and get to that sweet spot, close your eyes, and the music being produced is very believable.

3 Likes

The M1200’s got a fantastic review in the last issue of The Absolute Sound…

Do you have a link to the rewiew? I was not able to find it on the website…
I have the M1200’s and would love to read it!

I dont know if it’s online yet. I read it in the magazine that got to me yesterday. I love my M1200’s!

1 Like

I’ll keep an eye out for it. I’ve seen Fremer’s review in Stereophile, but nothing yet in TAS.

Just read a very positive review in the absolute sound magazine. I agree with what I read tho I can’t compare it to more expensive amps like the reviewer because the M1200’s are the most expensive amps I have owned. I’m positive you will be hard pressed to find a negative review on the M1200’s they are pretty amazing!

2 Likes

Finally took a picture of the PS Audio Lighted sign, M1200 in the pic for this thread

6 Likes

Anybody driving Tannoy speakers with M1200s?

Would you mind sharing the specific make, model and weight of your “audiophile doorstop”?

I want to try one or two with some of my kit but I am having trouble zeroing in on a specific brand and weight that might work.

TIA.

Scott

Kinda cray that the M1200s are the most powerful amps in the PSA line-up.

It is. I think of these little beasts as the sweet spot in the PS Audio amplifier line-up.

As an aside, I love how you get to the tube and how it is placed.

1 Like

Approximately 75hrs burn in time on newly installed M1200s, trade up from M700s, still in and out of focus, but gave us a nice evening last night, wife gave thumbs up, so it appears they may be staying? :wink:
Moments of realism and more “being there” appearing but still too early to really tell as the P3 is also only 3 weeks old as well. Will check in after a month or so, cheers mates.

2 Likes

Not sure if mentioned above here or in another thread but I skimmed the HiFi News review of the m1200 today. Positive review. At the end they rated them 86%.

1 Like

Hi,
Per Darren Myers (creator of the M1200’s) he told me the 1200’s do NOT need to have a “load” in order to break-in MUCH faster and more thorough.
Simply shut everything OFF and dis-connect speaker cables on BOTH 1200’s.
Power back up put cd’s on 24/7 repeat and crank volume on Pre to levels you would never listen to and the break-in is quick and thorough !!
I was THRILLED after 200 hours !!!

1 Like

I decided to throw on Duke Ellington Blues In Orbit DSD 64 and Take the Train DSD 128 the first thing that came to mind was is there anything that doesn’t sound great on the M1200’s? Wow! I’m not a fan of the hearing it for the first time phrase but I felt like I was hearing both for the first time!!! Followed up Duke with Miles Davis and again amazing! I’m guesstimating about 150 hours on the M1200’s and the sound is getting better and better! More to come!

3 Likes

Any results / advice regarding tube rolling with the M1200?
Thanks

@paul172 very interesting, at 85 hours I was about to settle into the M1200 sound as being good but, let’s just chill on any superlatives… then this ah-ha moment happened where the soundstage came forward and into focus, whoa… I really wasn’t expecting a dramatic improvement, but subsequent tracks each improved in sq… let’s see where this goes…

1 Like

From what I’ve read it seems like 200 is the magic minimum number. I’ve seen some reporting as high as 400-600 hours. I will find out for sure soon!

Wondering what Darren’s short list of speakers that he’d be most excited to see driven by these M1200s? Assuming BHK Pre and not including the unreleased PSA speakers.

Do locking bananas work with the binding posts on the M1200s? Like Straightwire Crescendo 3