Any Martin Logan fans out there?

This is why I had to go to a HYBRID speaker, the SIZE of a panel speaker gets too big as it adds more and more dynamics. I don’t have that kind of room.

Best,
Galen

2 Likes

Not to mention phase cancellation at low frequencies with ‘stats. You require too much compensation and then reach limits of the panel’s excursion.

THAT store also did not have the right equipment driving the Neolith. Sound was big, but not as resolving as it should have been. They now have another pair of Neoliths on display. This time with better electronics driving them, and they do sound smoother, though I haven’t done serious listening.

So looks like the box states CLX IIz. That’s interesting. If my magic decoder ring is working, the electronics are circa 1990 and the panels are 2001. They are definitely CLS II panels. Not sure of A, B, Z etc.

So far the stage is excellent and overall sound is too. Subs are at about 55Hz and volume is 9 o clock which is fairly low but is working for jazz, rock, hip hop etc.

Adele test track sounds amazing.

Thanks for all the input. I found a ML owners forum as well.

That’s also an excellent resource. One of the members there - ttocs - posted a link to a great video for setup. This should get you to it: Speaker set up class | MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

1 Like

Bass phase cancellation is a “problem” only if you don’t design the speaker right. But yes, you have to consider how to mitigate that. The CLX use that side panel to stop bass phase cancellation. My frequency tests from the seated position show no real issues at all, just the ability, or not, to move a lot of air in the mid bass region.

Best,
Galen

Thank you ! Great vid. Hope the MLO forum is beneficial. We will see I guess.

Happy cake day Paul!

1 Like