Any words of encouragement on WAVESTREAM??.

I understand the desire to achieve streaming audio perfection, and significant progress is being made with wavestream.

BUT streaming solutions will always rely on the stability of the home network. Some PS Audio customers will find their network inadequate, or have difficulty with setup, or need help the static IP addresses. This forum is a very strong support tool for these customers, however, many will still move away from the bridge/PWD solution.

The PWT is a more conventional solution, with truly excellent resolution. This is helped by the innovative I2S interface with the PWD, which I personally think is underestimated in many audiophile circles. I just prefer to change music via iPad…

Through a bit of luck, the best solution I have found is a dedicated audiophile music server with I2S output. The one I use is perfectly quiet, plays gapless, and it took only around 10hours to transfer my 1TB music collection from my computer onto its hard drive wirelessly. From there it can be backed up easily. The internals are essentially a stripped down computer running vortexbox (linux) software.

It sounds better than the bridge in my system. And better again with Sonore external linear power supply.

Using PS Audio’s own knowledge base of I2S implementation and power supplies, SURELY a logical option would be to explore a PWT style box with I2S output, stripped down computer internals with something like vortexbox software. Add a Ethernet connection to allow file transfer. I know the silent server was abandoned a while ago… But seriously! I managed to buy my server and power supply for under $2k which is cheaper than the PWT.

I’m ready to get burned on this, but my message to PS Audio is get back on the silent server concept.

steps off soapbox

stereophilus said: I'm ready to get burned on this, but my message to PS Audio is get back on the silent server concept.

I initially did not appreciate why a high-quality dedicated, purpose built server was a valuable option. I am now a convert.

It is, however, an almost mature market with a number of truly excellent, superbly supported turn-key systems. It would take a pair of seriously substantial dangly bits to dive into these waters.

PSA could do it.

One could argue that there is a well matured market place for CD transports, and yet the PWT was still introduced and won some critical acclaim.

The server would face competition, but it would fit nicely in the line-up of PS Audio products and have brand cache. More importantly, a lot of the hard work is already done.

I too would love to see a PS Audio network player… The thing is that Paul and PS Audio are intimately familiar with the prifalls of software in the audio world. Perhaps they are a bit gun-shy?

J.P.

@wingsounds13

Agreed.

As tough as partnerships can be…they are what you make them.

A joint effort on the “streaming” project would make sense as well as dollars.

I chuckled at David’s suggestion of Jesus.

Second coming? Who knows, maybe he came back for a reason. :smiley:

@wingsounds13
Agreed.
As tough as partnerships can be....they are what you make them.
A joint effort on the "streaming" project would make sense as well as dollars.
I chuckled at David's suggestion of Jesus.
Second coming? Who knows, maybe he came back for a reason. :D

A partnership with Jesus would be match made in heaven...
=))
stereophilus said: One could argue that there is a well matured market place for CD transports, and yet the PWT was still introduced and won some critical acclaim.

Which is one reason why I said PSA could do it. :)

Does the fact this is pinned mean something is coming?

No. I imagine the OP simply clicked "announce."

I “unannounced” the thread as there does not appear to be a reason to elevate it to sticky status.

@crabby The eternal optimist. Do you wonder from time to time that at what point does optimism turn to foley?

Anything Yet?? I wanted to play some music today…Wanted to use the bridge… Oh wait the app is still broke…can’t use my iPhone… let me see if I can find the older iPod I was using as a controller … grrr it’s in the wife’s car… Bagged it and just decided to work in the yard…

Maybe I’ll listen later with Sonos…

I’ve pretty much decided to buy the Moon Mind, or the Sonore Rendu… I wish I didn’t have to spend the $$ but I really want a better source than a Sonos unit…

And the Bridge and wave stream and all of this, well who knows when, or if…

I’ve been waiting how many YEARS for this to work reliably…

The interesting point I take from all of this is that PS Audio is at fault for their app not working on the latest Apple iOS release and that Apple is pure and blameless even though it is their latest OS release that has broken this (and I am sure many other) app. And this has never happened before…

All hail Apple - God of the computing universe and forever without Fault!

:-??

J.P.

In fairness to Apple, it’s not as if developers didn’t know an update release and were given time to test against various preliminary versions. In fairness to PS Audio, they are relying on a third party developer who for whatever reasons couldn’t anticipate complications for the eventual general release (I’ve long since junked eLyric, but I understand from looking at the forum the problem has since been fixed). In fairness to people who spend money on a product that is advertised as something that will seamlessly and easily integrate your digital audio files into your home system with the wondrous app (look at the promotional YouTubes) and didn’t quite work right even before the new OS, this is perhaps, if not deceptive marketing, wishful marketing (not sure which is worse).

Just got a note this morning with a promised release tomorrow.

Paul, is that for the APP or WS?

WS. The app got fixed and we’re having trouble loading it on the iPhone 5 and working with the developers. They insist it works, I can’t get it to load. Sigh.

Can someone please post a link to wave stream as to what it does

Paul, is this a release for us or for the testers?

Testers first.

any update?