Any words of encouragement on WAVESTREAM??.

I too am sorry to say that after a couple of years of trying to live with the dropouts, freeze and overall flaky response of EMM and player, I gave up and sold my PWD II w/Bridge. I moved back to streaming through my Sonos and replaced the PWD with the now discontinued Peachtree Grand Pre (which has a built in DAC and handles analog as well as digital input). Honestly I don’t think the sound quality is quite as good. There isn’t the depth and control in the bass or the openness in the upper registers. But it is rock solid and I spend no time…ever…rebooting servers, resetting routers, disconnecting LAN cables, etc. Sure…I could have used my Sonos with the PWD and probably had the same reliability, but the allure and true difference for me was to be the Bridge. Its a shame it never materialized to be as stable as it was sold. If there ever is a truly stable, Bridge V2 I’d probably come back in a flash!

Understood and thanks for the honesty. I hope to bring you back with some good news.

:wink:

8->

Yeah, me too. I was promised an update yesterday, today holding an empty bag still. :-q

Me too. I finally threw in the towel on the Bridge, sold it and bought a Sonore Sonic Orbiter…Lots of great feedback from users’ on it’s ease of use, flexibility, stability (like a rock) gapless and SQ… I’m not getting rid of my PWDII it’s too good a Dac… But I can use LMS as the server which works great and iPeng as controller… In fact I already have both installed and they work smooth as silk… I’ll be upgrading my NAS to a Synology DS213+ and I’ll then be able to install LMS directly on the NAS and be able to do exactly what I wanted too …stream from NAS with no computer on…

The Bridge is a great concept and is sonically wonderful, I just could never get it to work consistently, it caused me way to much grief… and having a Sonos in the same system made it’s shortcomings just too obvious and too much to bear…

don’t give up on the bridge yet guys, sounds like paul’s so close, but in the mean time you could try minimserver for your nas, ( I haven’t tried it on pc so I can’t comment) for the first time I can listen to complete 24/192 albums, it changes between bit rates no problem, it is not perfect, the app I’m using does crash sometimes but it always comes back. just haven’t had time to find a better one.

Concur with my support for the bridge. Mine has worked flawlessly from day 1 without anything other than the occasional lag as the network refreshes. And, it even beats by modded SB3 with clock slaved to a high-end battery powered DAC. That is, until I upgraded elyric and can no longer control the PWD from my phone. The old system has come back to play out of necessity.

I appreciate you guys are working on it, but this wasn’t even a free app. Your recent update has rendered the GUI unuseable on iphone 5, and the old app was working fine for me on ios7/ iphone 5 already. For various reasons, I can’t do a restore, so I’m stuck with having to walk back and forth to my computer to listen to my expensive equipment (I don’t want to invest in other software, I was happy with eLyric, gapless isn’t an issue for me).

I’ve had apps on the app store myself. I know you could have the old app back up instantly for people to downgrade back to a working version. Since the new update is patently non-functional, why not do this now and then repost a working update when it’s ready? No excuses, app was bought, paid for and doesn’t work…at least provide a copy that does work.

Can someone please post a link to wave stream as to what it does

@emotion audio I have just finished testing a revised iPhone 5 app that has this fixed. I asked for one more change to fix some of the graphic issues in the iPad app (they are the same) and I am hopeful we can submit the newest version to Apple for approval this week. They typically take a week to process and then the app should be available for download and update.

IOS7 took us by surprise. If you read some of the chatter out there we weren’t the only ones, but I am not using that as an excuse. Just saying.

Paul McGowan said: If you read some of the chatter out there we weren't the only ones

No kidding.

It must be a challenge for Apple as well as I assume they try to make their updates backward compatible to the degree this is feasible.

@admin

Dear Paul,

the wavstream will be able also to transcode on the fly?

All my itunes lib is on ALAC stored into a NAS… with the wavstream i could use apple “remote” app and stream everything into the bridge transcoded to wav…cause wav sound realy better into bridge than FLAC or ALAC…

Regards,

Fabio :blush:

Wavestream ia a driver that takes what would otherwise go to your computer speakers and streams it to the Bridge as wav data. So, any program that can play to your computer, including iTunes, should work.

and it also can transcoder to wav on the fly?

F.

Wavestream sends the output as wav. It doesn’t matter what format the files are in so long as the software you are using is capable of playing it. Anything that the software can play will be sent as wav (in effect the player software, iTunes in your case, is doing the transcoding).

Thanks for the update and your dedication to this forum. Looking forward to the new app.

It’s unfortunate, but sometimes it’s the small things that make the most noise.

Glad to help.

@emotion audio

Yes there is GREAT support from The Community Leaders.

Dedicated is a nice word but I think the term “committed” is more appropriate. Pun intended. :smiley:

Wavestream sends the output as wav. It doesn't matter what format the files are in so long as the software you are using is capable of playing it. Anything that the software can play will be sent as wav (in effect the player software, iTunes in your case, is doing the transcoding).

This means ITUNES( ALAC) - WAVESTREAM (WAV) - PWD PLAY .....Right?

Thanks,

F.

yes, except for alac hi-rez, unless you, your player or WaveStream can transcode it.