Axpona 2023

According to Axpona’s website, a company called PS Audio will be at Axpona 2023.
April 14-16, 2023
As of January 6, 2023, every company is listed at a booth, instead of listing some at rooms, though the numbers listed correspond with room numbers for those that will be in rooms

2 Likes

Should be a good time.

Axpona 2023

1 Like

Tickets went on sale last month. Forum members need to meet up during the show! It will be a great time.

1 Like

Is the Gold Pass worth it?

1 Like

Depends. Pre-COVID it got you access to a private area where you could hang your coat (if you were not lodging at the hotel), access to snacks and non-alcoholic drinks, being able to hob-nob with the rag writers, and you get a small token of sorts for the show. The last one I was at in 2019, I got a nice brandy glass with the Verdant Audio logo on it. Oh, and a shirt, but I don’t know if non Gold pass folks could get those too. I’m assuming it’s the same kind of thing now.

3 Likes

I’m a cheapskate, I just go for the three day pass and bring my own drinks and snacks and leave them in my truck. It’s nice to leave the hub-bub and sit in a quiet spot and listen to Symphony Hall on XM for a few minutes. I also don’t read any of the print magazines any more and rarely look at the web-zines so I don’t know who a lot of the writers are. I’ve got way too much stuff so don’t need any swag either.

2 Likes

The gold pass gets you some perks like a coat check, snacks, beverages. Tshirt, beverage container. I would say this year it’s probably not worth it. Get the 3 day pass like @pmotz

1 Like

Too late. I purchased Gold. I need to be pampered.

Who is going to carry my water bottle while I walk around?

4 Likes

You’ll get the nice Qobuz lanyard with your pass opposed to the plain string lanyard. Lol

I’ll get a gold pass or recycle my lanyard from last year.

2 Likes

I did the Gold pass, if they are still calling it that, again this year.
This year I got a room at the venue as well. I look forward to meeting a lot of you there.

I may setup my own booth where I will explain the True Glory of the USB connection.

6 Likes

I’m seriously considering going after my RMAF tickets were refunded.

This said, my listening skills are so finicky, I’m not sure how much I’d get out of it. Hushing people outside of the room, etc. hahaha…not my thing. I have this thing called CAPD I had properly diagnosed just a few years ago, that explains why I unintentionally pick-up on people’s conversations several tables away, dogs barking down the street, engines blocks away. I should probably be a spy.

I’m also considering just going the hi-end noise canceling headphones route and traveling, instead of a bigger deeper dive into hifi.

1 Like

But Axpona is a blast, with so much to see and hear. I went for 2 days last year, and that wasn’t enough time

3 Likes

I did the Gold Pass last year and yes the free Booze was worth the extra money plus all the show swag they give you.

2 Likes

Interesting, I’ve never heard of that condition before but I do have some of those symptoms. At 65 years old my hearing is ok, but not great. From a hearing test I have hearing loss above 3K, but I can hear test tones above 3K better than I would expect. Is my brain compensating? Put me in a loud environment, a restaurant being the best example, and I have trouble understanding a conversation. Is it the hearing loss? Not sure, I hear all the other things going on around me and can’t focus on any one thing. Must be drain bamage … I do hear well enough in my listening room, usually no outside noises, well, except when my wife is on the phone in the room above me.

To reiterate others, AXPONA is fun and if you can get there … go!

2 Likes

I consider it my superpower, but it comes with kryptonite like problems. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

He’s a good dude — really deep knowledge of dacs

Last years show was my first Audio Show. The thing I enjoyed most was meeting and chatting with my industry heroes. I was fortunate to meet and chat with quite a few. I enjoyed seeing the gear and I saw some very interesting and amazing things I wouldn’t see otherwise. The bonus was meeting forum members.

Last year supposedly was reduced crowds. I am a bit fearful of what this year will be like. But I can’t wait.

5 Likes

I’ll be the one wearing two masks. I’m not kidding. At all the major events I’ve been to post 2020, I’ve been careful as heck. I have too many risk factors to deal with. So far it seems to have helped, along with frequent hand washing etc. So if you see someone in glasses who looks like he’s accidentally left some mummy wrappings on :smile:, that’ll be me.

6 Likes

Since RMAF got axed, is there anything that’s in the Southwest? I live in Santa Fe, NM, so would be nice if I could drive to one in a day say.

1 Like

Define “in a day”.

This is technically a day, a brutally long day, but a day.

3 Likes