Bad review of PS P12

So andrewc…public profile hidden…hmmm…
No forum join date…hmmm

Gee suspicious looking, for someone interested in veracity…
why hide your profile…

2 Likes

That is @andrewc one and only post.

Does he own a Power Plant? Is he interested in a Power Plant?

If he’s genuinely interested, cool. If he’s not, he will quickly learn this forum isn’t going to tolerate sniping.

1 Like

Why would Paul spend an iota of time responding to ASR. There’s zero respect for that forum amongst anyone who takes this hobby seriously.

5 Likes

FWIW andrewc has been a member for a while and has participated in a few other threads…

I do know that some regular ASR folk have had accounts here for quite a while, but they usually only engage on ASR related threads to claim that tho they support PS Audio (and have some PS Audio equipment) they still would like people to take ASR seriously and give links to the ASR site… They definitely come off as wanting to stir the pot for their own amusement, to drive clicks to ASR or both.

But I agree it does get tiresome when people suggest taking ASR seriously when they don’t seem to have read any of the rest of the thread explaining why that’s problematic and they don’t describe why they don’t think those criticisms apply. That seems to be a clear double standard.

[Edit: I’m speaking for myself and not as a representative of PS Audio in this post.]

9 Likes

Although the ASR review focused on negatives and failed to include any listening tests, either blind or unblinded, it did include the following conclusion: “it is an AC regenerator capable of producing less distorted AC waveform.” Isn’t that what the regenerator was designed to do?

OCD Mike is a genius. He might not even understand the underlying physics of why his Signature Power cords sound as good as they’re said to sound, I mean he said they’re based on foil because of skin effect, that’s NOT a mains transmission concern. Anyway, I trust they’re great cables for whatever physical reason. He does it by ear I guess.
I really respect his honesty (and humour), he genuinely seems like a great guy. He adamantly admits he wants to make money with his channel, yes, and while at it he presents us with some crazy unique equipment and all kinds of esoteric things.

Still and all Ted…hiding a profile …then challenging PS Audio
in his own words “to produce the tiniest bit of measured results to debunk ASR’s evidence”…That’s kind of a cheap shot…anybody can hide and take potshots…and that is not right!!

Kind of amiss, improper even untoward…

Best wishes

2 Likes

I stand corrected, when I search for andrewc, I found 3 posts.

1 Like

It was definitely a cheap shot. Like you (and many here) I’m not fond of those either.

4 Likes

It doesn’t take more than a layman with the most basic understanding of properly explained electronics to understand that there’s simply no way for a Power Plant to NOT improve every imaginable aspect of components’ performance.
What the heck. The only way for less than adept performance is too small a Power Plant for a given system. They are expensive for a reason…

It’s @Elk’s Cake Day! Everyone play nice.

Happy Birthday @Elk! Thanks for taking care of us.

3 Likes

Yes, Ted. I have been a lurker on PS Audio for many years, although I’ve only been a contributor relatively recently.

To answer your question, yes, I’m a PS Audio user, been one since the P300 in the early 2000s. I currently own a P10 for my main system, and a P5 for my headphone system (and I’ll be happy to provide serial numbers to anyone from PS Audio for them to trace my purchase).

I’ve resisted upgrading to newer Power Plants precisely because I’ve been questioning the Power Plant’s veracity in the last couple of years.

I don’t get why my post is a cheap shot. PS Audio touts itself as an Engineering driven company. Every one of Paul’s YouTube videos covers technical aspects and shows all kinds of test instruments on PS Audio’s bench. Why is it a cheap shot to ask for some basic measurement of efficacy?

1 Like

Sigh.

I won’t be following this particular thread any longer.

1 Like

Watching right now. Two friend’s have this.

andrewc…
Then unmask yourself create a profile get some credibility
…no need to hide…

Best wishes

1 Like

3 Likes

Damnit, you made me look! :eyes:

2 Likes

not to defend asr but i can see why amir has a cult following and many of us follow him even for entertainment purposes. i am in the hobby for +30 years and thinking back, we let too much bullshit fed to us in the form of exorbitant prices and that funny audiophile language. the walls have melted etc.

i have other hobbies like watches, cycling, photography etc and there is always that mandatory use of flowery language but the roads do not melt when you get the newest tarmac road bike.

asr attacked schhit audio for the longest time, but schhit audio were very clever and clearly state some products measure extremely well and some do not due to use of discrete parts and other proprietary technology and it is really up to the buyer to listen and decide. they voluntarily send some of their stuff to asr for measurement and the community has totally embraced them although fundamentally they did not change any of their products. very clever.

with ps 12, amir is saying that the regenerated ac has a higher noise floor. i find this an extremely valid point to raise. if i were ps audio, i would reach out to the whole community including the asr folks to explain what is really going on. it can be that there is a way to improve the ps 12 measurements, then i would release an upgrade with minimal cost to owners and send it to asr for a re-evaluation just like schiit did.

otherwise, these things will harm ps audio which is a very good company with good people. not everything is “breathtakingly beautiful” in life as it is always in audiophilia wonderland

@makfi needs to learn English grammar, punctuation and capitalization conventions. Perhaps then he/she may be convincing and worth paying attention to.

1 Like

“if i were ps audio, i would reach out to the whole community including the asr folks to explain what is really going on…otherwise, these things will harm ps audio which is a very good company with good people.”

Nah. The ASR true believers almost always miss (or ignore) the point, in my opinion. There is no benefit to PSA in engaging the zealots over there. To do so, would only provide opportunity for more self-righteous ridicule to be hurled at them.

PSA stands by their products with money back trial guarantees and excellent, overall customer service. They have a pretty excellent reputation in the industry and can more than afford to ignore the snipers out there.

My $0.02.

Cheers.

3 Likes