Belden ICONOCLAST Interconnects and Speaker Cabling

Three days in, and these cords—absent an Iconoclast line of power cables—are not coming out of my system. I subscribe to the notion that the cleaner and more robust one’s incoming power is, the less one should perceive audible SQ changes from power cables, at least, insofar as we are talking about improvements in SQ. Obviously, poor cables, or cables designed to compensate for a problem that is not present or otherwise intended to alter the sound, could change it. But in terms of improving a system, good power simply means that good cables should be transparent or “invisible.” Others may disagree, and that’s okay.

Galen tells me that the goal with these cables is to create a performance baseline by which further development can be assessed. IOW, these are a starting “reference point.” From my POV, they are a remarkable achievement. I have $4 figure cables in my home, but none cost more than $3500, and most are in a range from about $750 to $2k. And I have some reasonably well-made, inexpensive/value Pangea cables that I typically use to set up a new component or arrangement of components. The short BAV 20A cord went from the wall to my Torus AVR2-20. The 14 gauge cords were attached to my DAC, Upsampler, and two clocks.

Two days into the BAV cords [plus the replacement of a Gen 1 XLR OCC IC with a Gen 2], my not-audiophoolish wife came in while I was listening and, after a few seconds of listening, asked “ what did you do? ”. That says it all. I’ve already ordered four more for the speaker system, and will likely replace all cords in the headphone rack as well.

2 Likes