Belden ICONOCLAST Interconnects and Speaker Cabling

DenisD said Palerider

Could you please tell me who you acquired your Iconoclast cables from. I contacted Andreas at Hanson’s when Willl first posted about Iconoclast but never received a return response to my questions. I’m ready to purchase but need a serious contact. Thank you.

DenisD:

I sent you a PM.

Elk said Pretty amazing, yes?
Indeed. Appreciate the encouragement.
rogerdn said Since I have their IC's I'm interested in the contribution of the spkr cables, do you plan on removing them when evaluating the IC's ?
Well, , I should have started with the ICs, and Galen even gently suggested as much, but it was too late! Funny, when my [third] daughter came in the room, she asked if I had put new tubes in the system [the girls know about tubes from my Decware days, and this daughter was around for the before/after of the Telefunken tubes]. I told her all I had changed were the speaker cables. She was impressed. She heard some of the same things I did: leading transients and decay all contributing to that sense of coherence and image.

I figure I will listen to these for a while, and then try the ICs, without going back to the previous speaker leads. Once I get these burned in, or my ears dialed in, I figure not much point in reverting. In my headphone rig, I plan to use both the OFC and the UPOCC ICs between the MSB and the Mjolnir amp.

Good on you for training up a budding audiophile!

Great to hear that someone is able to get ahold of these fine cables and enjoy them. My wife had a similar reaction when I put the first pair of speaker cables into my system, totally unaware that I had done anything. Alas, Belden is a big, big company and while they love Galen, the Iconoclast line is not even a blip on their sales radar and they have no idea or interest in figuring out what to do with it. That leaves Mr. Gareis to fend for himself (and fight he does!).

I am touched by your concern for my wellbeing, my fellow forum denizens. All good here. There are just so many hours in the day and my professional and personal life has called so I don’t share my mildly retarded opinions like I used to. Just taking a break.inlove_gif

wglenn said . . . share my mildly retarded opinions . . .
They fit in with the rest of ours perfectly.

To quote Galen:

"Speaker Cables; TPC and SPTPC - images BETWEEN the speakers. A deep and WIDE sound stage
front to back and left to right. SPTPC Silver version has an added "black"
separation between musical events as a product of the super fast edge
detail in transients. Bass is “felt” and hard hitting verses more warm
and enveloping.

OFHC - Warmer and more FORWARD image. This brings the sound stage “in"
from the sides and forwards from the rear. Some say it is more intimate.
The warmer sound smooth’s the edge transients some (think tubes). Bass
is enveloping and more diffuse (think tubes).”

IMHO after I experimented with both tubed and digital amps my conclusions,

First preference the UPOCC interconnects and SPTPC speaker cables.

Second preference, the TPC and SPTPC

Third preference, the OFHC and SPTPC

Fourth Choice, UPOCC and TPC, and the pattern continues

First preference the UPOCC interconnects and SPTPC speaker cables.

Second preference, the TPC and SPTPC

This is where I am landing. The $ gap between the two is not insignificant.

You would save a great deal if you could use RCA interconnects. I know several people who use 25-30 foot runs of Iconoclast RCA’s without problems.

Is there a price list posted somewhere for these Iconoclast cables?

I’m not in the market for cables at this time, but I always keep a mental shortlist, in the event that my financial situation changes. I have looked at their website, but there seems to very little info there.

This will give you some idea, the costs are from a year back - probably best to confirm with Hansen Audio that the prices are current.

Unfortunately the price list does not include the SPTPC Speaker cables. I would guess Palerider knows the price I believe he just purchased some.

Palerider, I sent you a PM.

drpain said Unfortunately the price list does not include the SPTPC Speaker cables. I would guess Palerider knows the price I believe he just purchased some.

If someone knows I would appreciate having the SPTPC prices too.

Attached is a brochure I picked up at AXPONA last year. My frustration with the speaker cable pricing, other than being high (but probably worth it) is they start at 10 feet. Galen told me it costs so much to terminate them it didn’t change the cost enough to justify shorter lengths. I need six foot biwire for my Vandersteens, seems silly to have four extra feet (times two) at that price. But that’s the way it is.frown

Unfortunately I need 8m (26ft) of IC - Iconoclast it isn’t going to be unless I reconfigure the entire room layout…

I wonder if anyone here would be interested in trying to negotiate a “group” purchase?

frank7036 said Unfortunately I need 8m (26ft) of IC - Iconoclast it isn't going to be unless I reconfigure the entire room layout...
Why not, I know several people including myself who use RCA interconnect Iconoclast TPC cables which are 25 feet and longer without problems. I like the 10ft length of speaker cable with an 8 foot price. Besides it's easier to manipulate, hide the cables, and swap in and out other pairs of speakers without moving my heavier primary speakers.
drpain said Unfortunately the price list does not include the SPTPC Speaker cables. I would guess Palerider knows the price I believe he just purchased some.

Somewhere I have the speaker cable price list. I will check. @pncd , got your PM and responded. Thanks for alerting me.

UPDATE: The MSRP on the 10-foot pair of speaker leads ranges from $2300 [TPC] to 4600 [both OF & SPTPC].

Rob said I wonder if anyone here would be interested in trying to negotiate a "group" purchase?
I think that is a great idea.

I would need 16-20ft rca ICs. I would not like 10ft speaker cables, I am using 8ft now and have to route around past the speakers and back. 6ft would be better, and if I ever can upgrade to monoblocks than 4ft would do.

Seeing as Blue Jeans is terminating them, I wonder if they could take a 10ft pair and turn them into two pairs. Either for biwiring or two of us could split a set?