Belden ICONOCLAST Interconnects and Speaker Cabling

Nothing wrong at all. It’s just that I already have the bav power cords. And ICONOCLAST rca and XLR interconnects and SPTPC speaker cables. So what to buy next…

1 Like

How about we get Galen to work on hdmi cables for I2s and dc power cables?!

2 Likes

Maybe I can “crack the whip.” Galen is never the hold up.

For DC power links, you want something like the BAV RCA. The current BEV 25 AWG RCA can do up to one-half an amp. The double braid is zip practical DCR so the total loop DCR is the center wire. Plus, the double braid is 95 dB RF shielding and won’t break-down in use like aluminum foils tape. The cable is nice and flexible, too, so routing is easy. This is, of course, for single ended DC supplies not balanced. And true, all the dialelectric properties aren’t needed with DC so that’s not a problem to be solved. It is all RF shielding and loop DCR plus ease of use.

A heavier AWG center wire would be needed above one-half amp (turntable power units are OK). The issue isn’t the cable per say, but all the myriad of additional control wires stuck in with the power cable. No real standards exist so nearly every cable is a new design.

Best,
Galen

My new power supply for my streamer is 10 amps on 1 of the rails BTW.

Therein lies the problem with DC supplies…no standards on cable or connectors. I’ve never seem two the same except on STANDARDIZED DC charger supplies using the barrel connectors-DC Power Jack-EIAJ Compliant.

Best,
Galen

ALL SOLD!

Hi all,

I built a PC to RIP CD’s to a 6 TB NAS drive and then stream to my DS DAC, so I don’t use my Direct steam Memory Player, so it is for sale $3,000.00. Unit is SILVER and all original packaging and accessories are like new.

The PS Audio packaging is first rate by the way if you haven’t seen it. The unit floats inside a box in a box suspended between two industrial polymer film sheets!

I also have a Sim Audio 250 watt @ 8-ohm MOON W-8 silver amplifier as I moved to the T+A mono amps. All original packaging and like new cosmetics. $4,500.00. This is a steal price for a really nice amplifier. This high current amp is compatible with all speaker loads, even low impedance electrostatics.

I can cover USA shipping only.
See the ads in equipment for sale.

Best all,
Galen
ggareis@iconoclastcable.com

2 Likes

Good Morning and thank you for posting the Intellectual People Podcast. Jason did a great job with the interview and presentation. Another great opportunity to meet and see who Galen is and to learn all about Iconoclast. Thank you Jason!!!

1 Like

I very much appreciate Galen’s pragmatism and we’re all grateful the powers that be at Belden allowed Galen to ‘run the experiment’.

I didn’t keep my TPC speakers cables for long after buying an identical set in SPTPC and I had the TPC for 2 years or so. That little bit of silver makes a difference in extension and clarity and yet the geometry is identical.

Hey Gang; I just received my BAV Power (10 ga. With 20amp IEC) for my p20. Can those who have paired this cable with a P20 give any feedback as to their experience, especially in regards to break-in time, sonic changes/improvements etc.? Thanks in advance!

I don’t have a P20 but I have an Amp that requires two 20 Amp, C19 ends. I bought two BAV 10 gauge cables with the C19 ends. Right from the get go they sounded better than my previous cables. Break-in was nominal. Maybe a day or two to sound they’re best.

1 Like

I switched from the stock P20 power cable to the 10 ga. BAV cable and the system immediately had a quieter background. About as much difference as adding the P20 itself to the system. At this particular time I keep thinking I should upgrade something but the system sounds so good that I wouldn’t know which piece to change.

4 Likes

The BAV do have passive RF absorption, but they won’t replace my P20! They can help but they aren’t a cure all for line noise. As the frequencies drops, the efficacy of the dielectric lessens by the nature of how all this works. Dissipation factor and loss tangent, a part of the dissipation factor, are less and less effective. At RF frequencies dielectrics act like reactive components enough to influence attenuation slopes over and above the straight calculations with skin effect and conductor properties. Low frequency doesn’t behave the same as RF so dissipation factor slowly become irrelevant.

Look at the CURVES in the Power Cord data and you’ll see this graphically where the low frequency “impedance” slowly drops to about the same for all cords DC value, as it should or we block the signal! The cord aren’t an active filter but do the job passively. I measured and documented the swept Rs impedance so we make no mistake about what they do and at what frequencies.

Best,
Galen Gareis

2 Likes

While I don’t have any 19105 hanging around, I did do mine with SJOOW w/EPDM in starquad config which has worked well.

If you want to know what a regenerative amplifier does over a passive filter, look what happened to my power of late. A passive filter can’t fix this, you need to start over. The top is what the P20 provides, the below is what you probably don’t want to see. My line distortion went from OK to bad all of a sudden. The good news? I never knew it until I reviewed the P20 this afternoon. It is working!

For not just the protection from line spikes the regenerators provides, but the clean power. This is a device worth considering.

Best,
Galen Gareis

IMG_1861 IMG_1860
IMG_1859

4 Likes

It is a remarkable machine and technology. And there are even graphs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

2.3 looks good. My THD in is 3.2! Yikes.

I would agree with you, and commend Paul for his continued development. This is truly one of the best foundational devices for any serious audio end user. (BTW, I average 4% to 6%)

When you get right down to it, and realize you are no longer 75~100 miles from the power generation source, transmitted over high voltage power lines to the local switching station, then to hit the local 3 phase transformers to be dropped in a single leg into your neighborhood, picking up along the way your neighbors hash, and you’re now only 8 feet from the power station, isolated from the grid, things look a little different. In a good way.