Best system I've ever heard--last night

Yes.

Isn’t it funny how something that never crossed your mind can ten minutes later, be something you’d sell blood to get.

1 Like

I started thinking about running my system on batteries when the first portable solar generators started coming out. Problem is most of them didn’t generate a pure sign wave, although some of the newer ones look much better. No doubt the Stromtank battery powered generators would be the ultimate power solution.

1 Like

Oh My God—today I was invited back to my gf’s preposterously well-off and quite nice friend’s house for a lunch and listen afternoon. He knows I’m a Pass Labs fan, so…
The Ypsilons have been replaced by a full set of gigantic Pass Xs 300amps, line and phono preamps. Cables were replaced with Transparent at Pass’ recommendation. All else remained the same.
The sound is stunning, beyond anything I’ve ever heard. This was actually a moving, emotional experience. Wow.

13 Likes

Time to start playing the fuse game!

3 Likes

For that much green, if it doesn’t sound like that, I’d be shocked. Maybe I’m sounding like calling it sour grapes, because I am. :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree. It’s a lot of money.

I can live with the Pass Labs trickle down effect and maintain zen.

5 Likes

My feelings exactly. Luckily, I am still happy and satisfied with what I hear at home.
But it was a fun experience.

4 Likes

I thought all the different pass labs amp lines have a different sound?

I dont think any difference in “flavor” is designed into the different Pass lines but may show up in the output a a result of the topology used.

It doesn’t do you any good if they throw it in the hole with you though. Time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. :thinking:

3 Likes

My understanding as well, subtle, not drastic.

Enjoy your experience, it makes you richer without spending money!

1 Like

Isn’t that cheating?

1 Like

Happily, the sound of that system has faded and mine is making me quite happy. phew!

5 Likes