BHK 250 Stereo Amplifier's best match

Murrayb said I've had my BHK 250 for a little more than 2 weeks now. Feeding the Directstream straight to the BHK. Like the OP, my room is fairly small (about 13' x 15'). My speakers are Dynaudio C1s and the BHK matches extremely well with them.

I’m still astounded with how good the system sounds now. The BHK replaced a Bryston 4B SST2 amp and BP26 pre-amp, which I thought sounded great, but there is simply no comparison with the BHK. The difference is not subtle. Perhaps for the first time, I can really appreciate the comments about black backgrounds. The resolution and soundstage are fantastic and there is now a very noticeable depth of field that I have never noticed before. Sometimes more resolution / detail means clinical sounding, but that’s not the case here. It’s simply a joy to listen to the system.

The BHK heats up the room though, even with it turned off, but it’s a small price to pay.

Thanks!!

Adding Paradigm’s Persona 3F speakers to the list of good speaker matches for a BHK Signature 250 Amplifier. The Paradigm’s combination of neutral sound, their flat frequency range of 48-45k hertz +/- 2db and their 92 db sensitivity assists them in exploiting all the strengths of the BHK stereo amp! This is certainly thanks in no small part to their beryllium tweeters and midrange drivers.

image.jpeg

post-111237-0-94595300-1429606183_thumb.jpgMust mention a new speaker my PS Audio dealer is building me who is also a speaker builder. It uses a 6inch Seas Magnesium and Morel Supreme tweeter. But it’s the cabinet that’s the real killer - lined with nearly 1/2 inch copper - has number of inch thick cast iron rods as well as these silicone filled rods. Its so full of this resonance reducing stuff the crossover has to be external and will be attached to a specially built ilmenite filled stand. Trouble is it’s only 83 DB sensitive so I asked my dealer to hear a late prototype with the BHK 250 because it has more grunt than the 40w Prima Luna I normally use.

Holey whatever Batman, me, the dealer, and another audiophile I know jaws dropped - we have never heard such speed, detail and transparency - it was amazing. I ordered the BHK on the spot - its still sitting at my dealers waiting until he can get time to finish the speakers - the prototypes use simple Erse capacitors but I have asked for Jupiter Copper bypassed by Duelund Silver Bypass in the final version. Can hardly wait until the final version is finished - but he is a bit busy with some other things right now.

Thanks

Bill

The speakers the BHK amps do not work with. Are there any?

I have a BHK 250 Stereo Amplifier on my Infinity RS 1b ... It has too little power for midrange / treble
Module. I can not play loud enough with my BHK 250. In May, I will try with 4 Stellar M700 Mono Amplifier lol.

*** Image attachment removed from post content ***

The BHK 250 on the Infinity’s should be more than enough. What happens when you play it at the loudness you want?

Hello Poul
I drive from PC (USB) to DirectStream DAC incl 'Network Bridge', from there directly to BHK 250.
The volume of the dac is usually from 85 to 96 to make a sound pressure of 85 db.
Unfortunately, I have not listened very much to my Ps audio equipment, as I'm not particularly fond of the sound.
The sound is hard, very light. When I play with max, just scream it more.
The amplifier does not turn off or gets extra hot when I play or play at max.
The equipment has more than 100 hours playing.

The next few weeks I will test with other speakers /Infinity Modulus loudspeaker & Modulus subwoofer/ Rogers Ls 3/5 / IMF 80 tls mk2.

Yours sincerely

Michael - More love from Denmark

The next two products I buy from you are PS Audio Memory Player and PS Audio P10 Power Plant.

Today my record player (Black Widow) comes back with a new pickup and I’ve bought PS Audio Phono Converter

Here I worship my new Ps audio device we pick up at http://high-performance.dk/ Copenhagen. LOL
I apologize for my bad English
15541940_10212465226772099_4103391659575849480_n.jpg

Love the photo! But I am confused. Sorry. You say you don’t love the sound? Is there something I can do to help? Usually problems like this have to do with synergy - cables, setup, speaker placement.

Let me know how I can help.

There are some speakers that need the added gain from a pre-amp as compared to going directly from a Direct Stream to the amp.

How would the 250’s sound with Canton Reference 3.2 DC? Anyone having experience with these Canton’s or similar?

Thanks
Martin