BHK Signature Phono Pre-Amplifier Wish List

I read elsewhere that this was in the works :slight_smile: and with the line stage pre-amplifier almost done, here’s the wish list of what I’d love to see in a new Statement/Reference phono preamplifier from PS Audio:

1. A larger range of impedance, capacitance and inductance loading - vs what was in the NuWave Phono.
  2. At least the same range of Gain settings in the NuWave Phono
  3. Ability to use a remote to adjust these settings from the seat - like how AMR's and Audio Research Reference 2/3/10 Phono work
  4. Ability to accept dual inputs so we can have dual tonearm turntables or dual turntables
I am sure there are many others that will chime in. But these are what I'd love to see :)

I didn’t mention sound quality because - well this is PS Audio and BHK so that’s pretty much a given.

I second Doggie’s point #1. My Soundsmith Paua likes 2k ohm loading. There are limited phono pre choices that can accommodate this loading.

Hopefully, it will be fully balanced input to output.

It will indeed.

If no preamp with built in phono, my wishlist of a dream phono stage would include the possibility to use the phono amp as preamp with one add. high level input RCA & XLR for the DS as well as one/two add. outputs for one or two subwoofers. Maybe as a modular concept.

There are some similar to that like the Manley Steelhead, but hopes are low that there are many more like that, as even most normal preamps don’t even offer one or two sub outputs (although this is commonly recommended as in last copper)

Reason for this is space saving as well as spending the money not for add. powercord, signal cable, base but for an even better techical phono design.

1 Like

As a DS own, this is exactly what I would like to find in a phono/pre amp.

If no preamp with built in phono, my wishlist of a dream phono stage would include the possibility to use the phono amp as preamp with one add. high level input RCA & XLR for the DS as well as one/two add. outputs for one or two subwoofers. Maybe as a modular concept.

There are some similar to that like the Manley Steelhead, but hopes are low that there are many more like that, as even most normal preamps don’t even offer one or two sub outputs (although this is commonly recommended as in last copper)

Reason for this is space saving as well as spending the money not for add. powercord, signal cable, base but for an even better techical phono design.

1 Like