Bridge III release date for DSD Sr?

Anyone know when Bridge III will release for DSD Sr? Also, will it support Octave Records DSD playback?

I donā€™t think anyone knows the date. There was some discussion recently where Paul said they werenā€™t sure if the ā€œBridge IIIā€ will be a slide in card, same as Bridge II, or a separate box. So the physical configuration is still undetermined. Paul has said that ā€œBridge IIIā€ would be at least six months behind the release of the Octave server. They want to get the software right in the server before putting it in ā€œBridge IIIā€. Since the Octave Server is still a few months out donā€™t plan on Bridge III being available for many months.

Should add that ā€œBridge IIIā€ will support DSD. Octave Records DSD is just like any other DSD.

1 Like

Thanks pmotz!

Iā€™ll have to decide the route I want to go. I was really liking some of the ideas Paul had for Octave regarding music info/album art etc. If the server had some equalization/room correction that would be nice as well. Any of this that they can provide with bridge III would be great since I already have a pretty bullet-proof NAS and mac setup that does not require another dedicated external server.

Iā€™m mostly looking forward to DSD music being produced by Octave records. I LOVE all of the ā€˜Paulā€™s Picksā€™ benchmark tracks. If octave records is anything like ā€˜Paulā€™s Picksā€™ it will simply be a home run - Paul has a great ear for well recorded media imo.

1 Like