Can I do this with the M700's?

Just thinking aloud here, if I get a pair of speakers that have bi wire connections on, can I power each speaker with one M700 amp (as its got 2 sets of terminals). Thanks

1 Like

Yes you can use both sets of terminals on the back of the m700 to bi-wire a speaker.
You can also use both spade and banana connectors in case you want to send the signal to a subwoofer using speaker level inputs if both sets of terminals have spade connectors attached.

Would the bottom right cable configuration illustrate what you wish to do? They call it singel bi-amp here, but it could be single bi-wire too!

1 Like

As bi wiring a speaker is a tad controversial, would it need an additional pair of M700 amps to bi amp, as that way has produced a far greater improvement, sound wise

It depends on speaker design and recommendations by its manufacturer. So, if your speakers are known to perform significantly better when bi-amped, I’d go for it. Otherwise, I would save the money.
My speakers came with a single pair of binding posts.

1 Like

Yes, bi-amping would require a second pair of amps.

1 Like

I have been bi-wiring for years (upper right or lower left of serhan’s posted diagram).
One pair of cables that I have had for 30+ years is the upper right.
My newer cables have covers over the wires, but are much thicker, and might be the lower left.

Referencing @serhan’s graphic, I use the SBW on the top left, which for me is an internal bi-wire, on my M700. This sounds better in my setup than one pair of cables (one set of cables) going from each M700 to each speaker. I would try it both ways, if that’s an option for you, and see what sounds best for you. Bi-wire let’s you save some money over buying two sets of cables.

1 Like

When I rcvd my M700, I saw it has two set of speaker terminals ( in fact, they are connected to the same source internally, as Paul explained in one of his YouTube video). I put M700 close to speaker which allows me to cut the speaker wire by half. Since my speakers allow biwire, I try it, but cannot tell the sonic difference. Then I try another thicker speaker wire just for bass and keep the original cable for treble, now I seems to hear the difference. Bass sound better. So I keep my system this way.