Can I run a DS Jr. directly to my mono blocks

jr

I’m wondering if the DS Jr. (or Sr.) can be plugged directly into my mono blocks. Will I still be able to control the volume on the remote for the DS Jr.?

It not for a “purity of sound” stance but rather, cost saving of a pre amp.

Yes…

I did exactly that with two other (less expensive - different brand) DAC/preamps and worked perfectly. Also connected one of those and a DSJ to active studio monitors and that worked perfectly too.

Currently running an unusual setup: DSJ into two professional subs via XLR outputs (one per channel) that each pass through to an active studio monitor plus a consumer sub connected via RCA outputs using “Y” connector. (Value distributed bass sources.)

Absolutely! I would check out the following threads:

Click 1
Click 2

Yes, indeed they can and this is exactly how quite a number of people use these in their systems. It’s our recommended way of playing music unless you have a really excellent preamp like the BHK or an Aethetix

That’s good news. I can’t afford both a good DAC and a good preamp. If I get a good DAC now, I can wait to get a good preamp (BHK). This means that I will go a while without playing my LPs on a good system, but I have far more digital music than LPs.