Can i use power generator with no ground at power outlet

It was common when the house was built, and gas was the primary form of lighting. This is our second home which had this feature.

I don’t have a grounded power outlet in my “Entertainment-room” either so I bought a 11 meter long Supra LoRad SPC 3x2.5 cable and connected that to a grounded socket in my kitchen and pulled the cable after the wall to my “Entertainment-room” to my P15 and that become just perfect.

I connected my P15 to another grounded power outlet first, which was 2 meter closer, but my P15 gave away a constant “Brruuum” from that place so I gave the socket in the kitchen a try and that went better.

No earth. Madness.

in the words of the great Dr. Peter Venkman:

“Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!”

mind you, what do i know? :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Not all electrical installations have built-in ground in the socket, especially for older apartments in some European countries including Denmark, where I come from. Instead of ground, a relay is built into the electricity meter, which switches off in case of overload, for example by lightning.

I reported that i have ringing problem with my ear without grounding. That is now proven wrong. Now i have P5, the power is stable and grounded properly. But after i reposition my speaker for best imaging. The ringing of my ear came back. After much thought. the problem is the huge glass windows and aluminum venetian blinds on the right side of the speaker. When i move my stereo imaging from 1 m from ground to 1.6m for the artist height by pulling the speaker from the wall. The glass windows cause my hearing problem. So, temporary, i push back the speaker closer to the wall and get a thick curtain later.

1 Like

True, i will lay a ground cable if the old apartment belong to me. Maybe i should ask the landlord to do it instead.

Yes eral63, after reading your post, i just tried connect the P5 without ground for testing purpose only. I touch the steel cover to check. Everything OK, sound wise, it is same as with earth,

So Yes, the answer is you can use power plant without ground.
But in the highly low chance of defect of device and ac leak to the external cover, it might give a fatal shock. But sound quality wise, same. There is a remote you do not have to touch the cover. Do it at your own risk, but it can work without ground.

No No No, the wiring regulations for the uk go back decades, and earthing in a circuit has always been paramount.
For a start for safety disconnect the supply to your house, call your land lord and have it sorted at no cost to yourself, and ask him to produce the test certificates for the electrical system, which is a legal requirement ,new regulations for tests are being rolled out currently.
And you clamp headphones to your head, like being in ‘old Smokie’.

1 Like

The landlord will not change, because apartment build before certain year do not require it. Grounding only in bathroom and kitchen.

I have the same in my house from 1975 in Norway, this was standard back in the old days :slight_smile: only grounded sockets in kitchen, bathroom, washing room

1 Like