Catharsis

“providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions; causing [catharsis]”

Hello. My name is Ron.
I broke off the cantilever of my beloved cartridge. How doesn’t matter.
I broke it I broke it I broke it.
waaaaaaaaa
Oh sad cartridge.

11 Likes

Oh no!

1 Like

Yes.
Luckily my tiny sweetheart is here.

2 Likes

We are gathered here together to lay Ron’s cantilever to rest. Ashes to ashes, dust on albums to dust on albums…

7 Likes

Ouch, believe me, I feel your pain, I did exactly the same thing on my Ortofon Quintet Black S!

It’s the most annoying thing, I still haven’t stopped giving myself daily floggings and it happened near the start of the pandemic

Ortofon do a tradein repair program where they’re replace it for 2/3’rds of the cost of a new one which is a fairly decent gesture, just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

7 Likes

Time for a Go Fund Me!
Condolences Ron, I take it it was the rather new and sparkly Linn Ekstatik?

5 Likes

My Node thing and hot rodded DSD MK1 from the crazy fool Kurt Cleveland, who sold it to me, sounds really freakin good. Please don’t mention this to Kurt, don’t wanna make him feel bad.

4 Likes

Oh Kurt, Kurt….

shhh

OK
Short for O Kurt😀

1 Like

You could try blaming it on the cleaning lady, like someone in London did! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Nightmare!!! Is it an Ekstatic (inappropriate name!) Cartridge.? $7,000+

2 Likes

Oh, I thought it was the head butler / majordomo!

4 Likes

Ye ye ye yes :cry:

4 Likes

That’s $1K for moving your speakers and another for this. A big day Ron.

4 Likes

That was likely me, in Chicago, and no blame, she acknowledged that she should not have been cleaning the stereo. I had a listening session the previous day and did not return the dust cover, Linn Sondek, as I should have.

I have a friend who accidentally removed the cantilever on my cartridge on a turntable I loaned him, he felt bad. It is a Soundsmith cartridge and they rebuilt it good as new at a great price. They just took eleven months to get it done. Sigh.

3 Likes

We are all close to you in this really bad moment! Be strong, think positive… one day this day will be just far far away! Even though it will be impossible to completely forget it, believe me, my friend. (Personal experience).

2 Likes

:cry:
My cantilever you’re not here
Waiting for me to lower you on my records
Your stereo sound still in my ear(s)
Beautiful pops and clicks abound
Though money spent is so dear
Your playback is was endear

Welcome to club analogue - did it once with Van den Hul MC Two, then again with Rega Apheta, less expensive but frustrating nonetheless! :cry:

4 Likes

When I sold my MoFi StudioDeck to TMR. I had the Quintet Black removed and the Factory Cart put back on.

This way God Forbid, I do something stupid with my Benz Micro that came with my LP12, I have the Quintet Black as my backup plan.

4 Likes