Congrats @brett66

Congratulations Brett66! You’re doing it on your own terms and I love that!

I got married late in my life and it’s almost 30 years and counting.

1 Like

Congrats, best wishes and thanks for sharing. Sounds like a very wonderful day.

1 Like

Was PS Audio digital decoding and/or amplification in the signal chain?

Just kiddin’, congrats again!

1 Like

No, twas not. I have 3 systems, all fed by my Pink Faun 2.16 server via Roon/HQPe. All PSAudio gear is in main listening space, garage/shop is system 2 with great bookshelf speakers (RAAL ribbons and SEAS woofs), cheap Denon AVR via Airplay and/or Chromecast Ultra,

Outdoor on the back party patio is system 3 is JBL 8" monitors with metal dome tweets circa 1989 driven by Audio Research 50w A/B amp and either Airplay Express or Chromecast Audio (Express drops out too much but need it for use with movies via Mac and video projector).

The JBLs and 50w will fill the backyard with way better than many ‘normal’ people have ever heard but not so loud as to be a nuisance.

Shot with all our great neighbors that helped us get the yard, and drinks and ice ready

We made the backdrop out of a 6’x8’ cedar fence panel from Lowes and a few 1x6 cedar to plant some succulents - shou sugi ban’d it.

JBLs up on top of the ivory storage cabinets in the back to the left

Food was catered by a great Mexico City-style Mexican food outfit - local to San Diego and my bride hand printed the menu board

She also made our cake

13 Likes

Damn Brett! I’m impressed. Came out looking fantastic and I love the menu board. And that cake is killer!

And I know @cardri will especially appreciate the succulents!

2 Likes

Congratulations Brett, best wishes to you and your wife. Lovely setup, perfect by the looks of it.

1 Like

What a great looking group of people! Congrats.

1 Like

Today is our 1 year anniversary. Times have changed from a year ago but I’m a lucky man to be stuck with someone I love so very much.

Be well everyone!

20 Likes

Congratulations may you have many more.

Way to go! My wife and I just celebrated our 45th anniversary in June. We think we’re lucky because we fall in love all over again every day. :heart:

2 Likes

Wow…congratulations!!

when you got married, was your registry with PSAudio?

Ha, yes, yes I was and still am

you should let Paul and Company know…
:money_mouth_face: :+1:

I did Friday by ordering BHK 250 :wink:

4 Likes

A lovely present for your wife !

1 Like

Tillykke . Congrats!

Congrats! You should pat yourselves on your collective backs.

Terri and I will be celebrating our 48th this Thursday. Kudos to all those folks that figured out how to hang together with a smile on their faces for decades or even a few days. We’re all very lucky people.

7 Likes

Brett66 God bless you and your bride on your wedding day!!!

She got something much more sparkly but she’ll enjoy the 250 too

3 Likes