Could the DS display be correct?

I was listening to some 320kps mp3 files from an album yesterday and the DS display read 44.1 KHz 24 bit. This can’t be correct.

willcycle said I was listening to some 320kps mp3 files from an album yesterday and the DS display read 44.1 KHz 24 bit. This can't be correct.
Yep, your player converts the mp3 (and all other files) into a simple stream of samples for the DAC. The DS only groks PCM at the 44.1 ... 352.8k rates (and DoP for single and double rate DSD.)

Oh Ted…

I love the word “Grok” and so many have forgotten it.

There is something so deliciously “strange…” about it.

gordon said Oh Ted....

I love the word “Grok” and so many have forgotten it.

There is something so deliciously “strange…” about it.

Good reference, Gordon!cool

– Valentine Michael Smith

It remains very popular among programmers and other groups typically populated by science fiction readers, a/k/a nerds.

Google translator does not know this word…surprised-011_gif

Probably because Translator does not include Martian.

Click: Grok

Thanks! I understand now. Very interesting this word…

This is how rumors get started. I am quite confident that Ted is NOT a Martian. But then he has corrected me many times in the past.

One of my all time favorite words. Take a moment to dig into the depth of it’s meaning and RAH’s intention of it’s use.

We may have a lot to learn from those Martians.

Patrick

http://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_terre_étrangère_(roman)

stevem2 said This is how rumors get started. I am quite confident that Ted is NOT a Martian. But then he has corrected me many times in the past.
Excuse me, but I have to differ. I think Ted IS a Martian. He's just hiding it from us earthlings.

Well in that case how do we know you’re really from earth, Paul? My wife has a birth certificate that says Peoria, IL but I’m sure she’s from another planet. Not that there is anything wrong with being a space alien, of course.

Good question, actually, my wife continually asks me “what planet are you from, anyway”? Maybe that’s what she means. Remember, Kal-El didn’t know he was from planet Krypton at first …

shaking-head-no-smiley-emoticon_gif

Mon écran marque toujours DSD128

change jamais, es OK??

my screen dont change. Always DSD128. Its OK ??

i have jriver 19

magog said Mon écran marque toujours DSD128

change jamais, es OK??

i have jriver 19

Looks like you have JRiver converting everything to DSD128, so no.

magog said Mon écran marque toujours DSD128

change jamais, es OK??

i have jriver 19

magog said

Mon écran marque toujours DSD128

change jamais, es OK??

i have jriver 19

Looks like you have JRiver converting everything to DSD128, so no.

Try this from some one else post-

For me the configuration with win8.1 and Jriver 96k Bit perfect test file need to be

Jriver

Tools/options/Bitstreaming set condition to : Yes

don’t use Tools/Settings/ DSP & output/DSP Studio/output format/ Output encoding : DSD in DoP format (requires DSD capable DAC)

using DSP studio the Bit perfect test fails.

do not use DSP studio. Set Bitstreaming to Yes is all that is required in Jriver. My setup works on both Bridge and USB in this configuration Bit perfect test good.

Sound is heard using DSP studio but does not pass the 96K bit perfect test.

I am very keen to try the 192K bit perfect test file how can I get my hands on that. Can anyone help

Thanks

John

That would only be OK if you were only playing DSD128 (double rate DSD) files or if you have JRiver set to convert everything to DSD128 (if that’s possible, which I think it is). The DS display should change to show the type PCM or DSD), sample rate and bit rate (PCM only for bit rate). For redbook PCM files, it should display as PCM 44.1k and 16 bits. First check your JRiver settings. While playing a song in JRiver, you can click on the icon that looks like three sliders (next to the repeat and shuffle buttons at the top, right of the screen) and it will tell you if any digital signal processing is being applied. If that shows no changes are being made, you might try reinstalling the firmware. If you have version 6115 installed, install 5407 (and then back to 6115) and if if you 5407 installed try 6115.

Thank you is settle now,

and I have a perfect bit

JRiver converted to 128. … I started not convertion and its perfect

the song is fabusous

The song are Fabulous

There dsd aiff files, which can not play, error, If converted In 128 is ok

Seems like it should make absolutely no difference whether the DS or JRiver does the conversion to DSD. I believe Ted said he runs his setup this way. I hear no difference.

Its neither surprising nor important that bit perfect fails because JRiver is converting to DSD, Bit perfect would fail after every data conversion stage in the DS for the same reason. Bit perfect should only be used to verify your setup can pass the data correctly. After that, set up JRiver however you want. There is no right or wrong way to do things as long as you are getting the sound you expect.