Could the P3 really help me?

Considering a P3 Regenerator for my humble 2.1 Stereo music system. With my components (see pic), should be able to power everything, even my 12” 500W Class D sub! However, not sure what the P3 could improve upon:

1. With the system on and ready to play music, I have NO background noise floor…dead quiet, just as if it was all turned off. Quite, clean recorded music “squeaks out” from a totally dark (quiet) background!
  2. Often, from super quiet passages to thunderous crescendos make me reach for the volume control to protect my ears…hard to imagine a more overall dynamic range, but certainly possible!!
  3. I really don’t hear any major changes at various listening sessions, day or night (ac power is very reliable and holds consistent 120V feeds). Sound quality remains consistent, but certainly can wane a little with my personal mood-energy-emotional variations!

If I could achieve improvements in creating a larger venue soundstage or greater holographic stereo imaging with recordings that might be lacking in those areas, that would be really cool! For now, I simply pick the genre that has the greatest Monitor-Disappearing-Act (when that’s what I’m in the mood for)! I am opened minded to give the P3 a try…who knows, I may end up being totally blown away with what I’ve been missing!?! :astonished:

Ted

I don’t think there is a humble music system as long as you enjoy listening to it.

@Paul is much more skilled than I to help you.

4 Likes

Hi @Theo
I second what @jack_nessuno just said.

Audio systems improve incrementally. The improvement achieved by adding a power regenerator depends on the quality of your existing power supply. If your incoming voltage is stable and your incoming THD is low, perceived change may be minimal.

In my experience, a regenerator delivered remarkable results. However, I have to mention that my voltage is anything but stable, though incoming THD is quite low. My components all have linear power supplies onboard. Someone with more experience should confirm if components with switching mode power supplies could achieve such good results too.

1 Like

In my experience, improvements in noise floor don’t necessarily manifest themselves as audibly quieter backgrounds if your system is already “quiet” to your ears. It can show up in other ways, like an increased level of detail that was getting obscured by noise before. Even if that detail is just a micro-texture that your ear recognizes from live instruments, or the tiniest bit of “air” around instruments. They all add up to an incrementally more “real” sound. At least that’s the best way I’ve come up with to describe the effect. Definitely worth auditioning. If you don’t hear a difference, send it back.

Oh, and I have a P3 that powers much more stuff than yours will. You should have no worries there.

2 Likes

As @Paul has been discussing in his daily posts, it’s mostly about significantly reduced output impedance, produced by the regenerator ,that improves qualities like dynamics.
You can find useful information in the product description, under “technology”.

3 Likes

Thanks for the note, I totally missed this.