DS-BridgeII and Roon 1.5 MQA issue

Issue only occurs with DSP enabled on MQA streams.

ā€œIssue only occurs with DSP enabled on MQA streams.ā€
Not correct. I have the issue with DSP disabled in Roon.

In your case Brett66, Iā€™m more inclined to believe the issue is with Roonā€™s implementation of MQA. Un-related to the DS, in my home theater rig I have an RPI3 bridge feeding an ifi micro DSD. Ever since the upgrade, after an MQA file is played on that system no regular pcm files play properly until i reboot the dac. Roon seems to get stuck and shows it trying to mqa decode a straight pcm file. Strangest thing iā€™ve seen - my point being these look to be growing pains with their implementation. With their track record of consistently quick updates I expect they should have these issues ironed out beofre long.

Steve

There is a 90% chance the fix(es) will come from Conversdigitalā€¦

What happens with the DS configured in Roon as ā€˜decode-onlyā€™? Can you play with or without DSP? Mine can. I did have to reboot to return the Bridge to normal function after playing MQA set to decode/render with DSP.

Conversdigital will likely distribute the fix, regardless of the cause of the problem.

It is a great topic for speculation. But all we know for certain is Roon 1.5 does not work with Bridge II. Letā€™s give them a chance to fix it.

My DSJnr seems to be playing ok when set to Decoder & Renderer but I have the DSP engine switched off?
In regards to the DSP engine, I thought this was best switched off or have I missed something here? Is there a recommendation for us DSJnr users (into Ayre KX-5 & VX-5)?
Cheers
Matt

Set the Bridge II to Decoder when you want to use the DSP engine.

Aloha Paul,

While you have ConversDigital on the line, please be sure to sort out the Bridge II DSD popping issue.

Mahalo!

Any update on this issue? I would sure like MQA to work properly with my DAC.

Converse never seems quick. Nothing to report yet. Weā€™ll ping them again.

Any news?

They were waiting on MQA folks to send an updated version which just got received Friday. I donā€™t know how long it now takes. If you donā€™t use DSP it should be fine.

I use volume leveling so it is a problemā€¦

and Iā€™m still having pops and clicks at the beginning of DSD files and MQAā€¦

Me too. Pops and clicks sometimes in the middle of DSD files as wellā€¦ really undermines the relevance of the Bridge IIā€¦

As long as PS Audio/Converse is updating Bridge II software, could improved PS Audio remote functionality be included too?

When using Roon, via a Bridge II, on a PSJr (and maybe Sr), the PS Audio remotes allow you to advance or go back on tracks being played. Matt has indicated it likely the remote could also allow for ā€œplay/pauseā€ on the track produced by Roon via Bridge II.

Would this be a good time to ask Converse to include play/pause remote functionality within the Bridge II? Seems like it would be a simple, but useful and appreciated, enhancement.

1 Like

I will ask Matt. That bit is controlled by our engineers not Converse so it might well be possible.

:pray::ghost:

BridgeII in Sr. works fine play/pause and skip forward/skip back.