MQA for Bridge using Roon

Hi All,

Apologies if I missed it and Elk feel free to delete or move my post if I’m off track. But I thought it would be helpful to have a thread for those of us waiting for Roon/MQA/BII.

I downloaded Mcontrol but thought it was kinda basic and couldn’t get Tidal Masters to play at more than 44/16 on my DS. Given I wasn’t exactly feeling the App I’m not inclined to trawl through 9 pages on the thread around it and getting it to work. So I prefer to wait for the Roon version which I believe is in the pipeline.

Dennis / Paul - can you provide an indication of the timeline for the BII supporting MQA via Roon?

Also any other updates on this I’m sure would be greatly appreciated by those of us with our tents pitched within the Roon encampment.

Many Thanks,

Alan

Have you gone under Tidal settings while in the Mcontrol app? I think you need to select HiFi and it’ll work. That did the trick for me. Mcontrol is a little quirky but it does sound good when it works.

Thanks amgradmd,

But I was kinda trying to start a dedicated thread to Roon MQA Bridge support.

If I need to swap to a different App just to listen to the few MQA tracks on Tidal then that’s not gonna work for me.

Regards,

Alan

BigAlMc said

If I need to swap to a different App just to listen to the few MQA tracks on Tidal then that’s not gonna work for me.

+1 on that Alan.

All my music is either playing vinyl or through Roon. Well… technically all if my vinyl is recorded. So often I listen to that through Roon too. And using MConnect after Roon is a non-starter for me too.

Granted, it’s been nice to be able to play a bit of MQA for the sake of curiosity. But with that curiosity now sated, I’d be surprised if I ever touch MConnect again.

I’ll wait for the Roon RAAT Bridge update too.

Thanks Scolley,

Kudos to PS Audio and Mcontrol / Mconnect for getting MQA up and running. And no disrespect to those using it as I’m sure it’s a great addition.

Just selfishly I’m going to wait for the Roon version and thought a dedicated thread made sense to separate the Mconnect issues from the Roon news.

Regards,

Alan

I have had no updates from Converse Digital when the RAAT updates to the bridge for Roon/MQA functionality will be available.

Dennis

Not trying to hurry PSA up at all but just wanted to say I am also keen to see Roon MQA support for the BII.

It is good to know someone is interested. :slight_smile:

Not really up to PSA anyway. I’m sure they will roll it out as soon as Converse Digital finishes it.

Dennis Kerrisk said

I have had no updates from Converse Digital when the RAAT updates to the bridge for Roon/MQA functionality will be available.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

If you can let us know when do hear more then we’d really appreciate it.

Regards,

Alan

Jumbuck said

Not trying to hurry PSA up at all but just wanted to say I am also keen to see Roon MQA support for the BII.

+1

I’m waiting for Roon/BII/MQA support too, as MConnect is just too flaky - it stalls at random intervals when playing from Tidal. If BubbleUPNP supported MQA, I’d be on that in a second.

+1

I’m waiting to pull the Bridge II trigger for this software upgrade. Hope the news will appear on this thread as soon as available.

I’m now using Qobuz instead of Tidal. You need to use VPN SW only to sign up - after that it streams anywhere, and sounds excellent through BubbleUPnP.

Really need Bridge II support for MQA in Roon. Anxious for this to finally happen. I know we can get MQA using mconnect but that ain’t the way I listen. I am a lifetime Roon subscriber and really want the functionality to happen soon.

Unfortunately, this is not in PS Audio’s control. Everyone simply has to wait for now.

Who’s control is it then? It’s not Roon.

Converse Digital (Hint: read the thread).

Got it. It says Converse Digital but doesn’t say more than that. I am assuming that Converse Digital was contracted to write the software. So if this is the case someone somewhere should be able to provide an update as to when. Are we taking days, weeks, months or years? I don’t care about an exact date. Just a ballpark.

They are not the quickest people to finish work and they’re quite poor at communicating but I’ll try again to get an answer.