When I got the DS upgrade I had to get the dealer here in Australia to fit it for me (thanks Mike). When I got it back it worked straight away. I was getting spitty sibilants so I ran a burn in CD for ages. This only improved the problem so I popped the DS’s top and found the lid earth lead unattached. I hooked it up and the sibilant reproduction improved, though I was still not fully happy.
I sent the unit back to the distributor. He had a listen and declared it to sound better than his DS.
Now I popped the top again and two of the nine EMI tabs (clipped around the lid) where missing. I found one behind the display but not the other one. I am clutching at straws here but I figure my system may produce a lot EMI. Mike does not have any EMI tabs he can send me, plus he doesn’t think it will make any difference.
Now Ive been calling PSA (Alex) and I am getting a recorded message to try again later. Very frustrating but…
The DS sounds great but on some of my favourite female vocals (particularly at higher volume levels) S’s and even loud Ts don’t sound right to me. A bit edgy.
I will battle on.