DSD DAC and BHK Pre volume at 0?

When I use remote to turn off the system they’re off at the same time. There’s a sound but it not from the speakers but a click (from components ). I’ll check later by standing next to speakers to see if I’ll hear anything.

1 Like

You can program the turn on delay for the amp to come on after the preamp if you are using the BHK preamp. I set it so the preamp turns on about 3 seconds before the amp. i am using a BHK 250 power amp.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll try but the order would be the same I’m using manually, at the moment even more than 3 second (I’m lazy and relaxed!).

1 Like

When the system is turned on there is no popping sound, but when it is turned off (at the same time), there is a faint popping sound that I only noticed when getting close to speakers. So, that’s normal I am sure.

1 Like

Thank you so much, yes not loud at all but I’m able to hear it from 3 ft. When I switch on is even less audible.
Psycho audiophile problems!

1 Like

Get a cord to connect the turn on signal between the components. It is the only way to go.

1 Like

Are you saying that the trigger connection should eliminate the popping on/off sound from the speakers? I’m trying to understand the reason why it happens.
Anyhow thank you for the advice!

How old are the tubes in the amp? In my 250 when my tubes get old they sound fine but I start to get a tiny tick at turn off even using the turn on/off lead is used. Are you running balanced or unbalanced interconnects?

1 Like

Because my amps are on first before pre, it may be the reason there is no popping sound. I will keep it this way if that is indeed the case. I’m curious to try the other way though.

1 Like

I changed the tubes no more than 4 months ago (coincidentally dchang05 know them very well!) but even before I always heard the subtle pop.
It decrease also when I roll the tubes of the Pre. Even if still present.